thetford forest

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
phil1
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
thetford forest

Post by phil1 » 10 Mar 2003, 20:35

went to thetford forest on sat with 4 mates, they had all done it b4 and really rated it.
after breaky in the little chef on the A11 we headed onto the trails. This is very different to the riding round my way which is all comparatively slow and muddy. Thetford has a lot of sandy tracks which are pretty fast, with some serious dips thrown in just to keep your attention. quite a few times i thought i`d blown it hitting one of these at speed only for the bike to soak it up no problem, there pretty good these CRM`s :D
only real problem was when I snapped my chain, I had a fealing it was to tight but when I looked at it and compressed it there was still play in it so I left it, wished I hadn`t :cry: still it broke on the link so was easy enough to repair. when i got home I noticed I had also done my fork seals but I`m not surprised they took a real pounding. :twisted:
If you fancy trying this one there are a good few trails. starting around the brandon area puts you in the middle of them.

SteveCRM
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by SteveCRM » 11 Mar 2003, 10:36

It sound like you had fun, we have some of those scary dips round the peak district. I came out of some woods at speed to find that I was traversing a seriously steep hill that went down a long way, it made my belly go funny looking at it. I slowed down and just looked straight ahead, I dont like heights at the best of times.

As for fork seals, have lots of fun chaniging them its easy enough there are some notes on this site somewhere to help. the main thing to remember is that the sleeves where the circlip holds the seal in place move, so if you have trouble getting the circlip back in check this. I ruined a set of seals trying to bash the circlip in when I didnt relise this.

Have fun
SteveCRM

jackstribe
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Thetford forest

Post by jackstribe » 11 Mar 2003, 17:05

did you find the trails rutted and really whoopy? thats cos the british championship boys were up there a week ago, i was up there helping the lads in the event, its a bloody good course! hard though. it got really whooped out after knighter, fast eddy and co had done three laps of it!!!
your braver than me doin em on the crm, i had a mare with a cr125! :oops:
Happy CRM'in !

CRManiac
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRManiac » 01 Apr 2003, 23:14

Hi I live in gt yarmouth where abouts in thetford forest do you ride
i just bought my first crm and i'm looking for quality places to ride in and around norwich area

dirt captain
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
trax

Post by dirt captain » 25 May 2003, 10:34

anyone here tried the peddars trail. apparently its a public right of way, its an all day run from roudham heath near thetford to holme next the sea, near hunstanton. done it twice now, first time was on my first mk2, and the 2nd on a mtx 125, which didnt finish. good larf, and fast at times, wetter the better. also there is a track just outside swaffham, its an enduro track run by a chap called cliff allman, 15£ for the day, its hard work but a bit of a grin. w/ends only
GET IT OUT AND GET IT DIRTY