First ride of 2008

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
First ride of 2008

Post by Gwyn » 07 Jan 2008, 13:32

Started out at 08.15 on a dry Sunday morning. Down the road, turned right at the first junction and nearly lost the front, but saved it with a quick dab :o Looked around to see what the hell happened, and there was black ice all around me :roll: It didn't feel that cold when i got the bike out :oops: Got to Port Talbot where i met up with "Chamber66" (off the TBM forum), and headed off to the first lane. Turned off the main road and it was back onto ice again :o (i hate ice). About a mile and a half of slipping and sliding and we finaly got to the lane, and some decent grip :D We did three lanes on the way over to Neath where we met up with "Ade" and "Safety Morris" (off the TBM forum).
Bike's waiting patiently

Ade arriving

Safety Morris arriving

We then headed over towards Maesteg and then onto Sarn and Tonyrefail.

A meeting at the start of the lane near Sarn, from left to right:- Ade, Safety Morris and Chamber.

At the end of the lane at Tonyrefail.

I was promised a go on Safety Morris's Husky, but didn't get around to it. Next time perhaps :wink:

A great day's riding with great company :D The only drawback being, the lanes are quite far apart, and we did clock up a lot of road miles. But the lanes were good :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:
Re: First ride of 2008

Post by slider » 07 Jan 2008, 16:15

nice pics gwyn,glad to see ade's made the effort and stayed dressed :lol: .looks like a cracker of a day bar the ice
isnt that the spot of micks new wheelie avatar??

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 07 Jan 2008, 21:09

:lol: :lol: i thought that as soon as i saw it! nice pics gwyn looks like you had a good one good weather too nice 1 :D
91 mk2

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Jan 2008, 10:38

Cheers Guy's 8) :D Yes, that's the place where Mick's avatar was taken. We popped over to fill in the rut he'd left :roll: :lol: Ade was so cold he wouldnt take his gloves off, which is a bonus :lol: :lol:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by Eddie Evans » 08 Jan 2008, 11:39

Nice photos Gwyn.
What are those Husgvanas like?

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Jan 2008, 11:52

Eddie Evans wrote:Nice photos Gwyn.
What are those Husgvanas like?
Cheers Eddie :D Husky's are a nice bit of kit, just wish i'd got around to having a go on it :roll:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

petrolhead
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by petrolhead » 08 Jan 2008, 12:03

Nice pic,s Gwyn, It's nice to see Ades BRP ( big red pig ) I love my one and will never sell it, though I prefer the CRM on the tricky stuff and to pick up off the ground! I was hoping to get out on new years day my self, but a 4" nail just as I was about leave slowed me up, and although I managed to repair the tube and get the rim lock etc all back without pinching it ,( minor miracle ) I discovered the sprocket side wheel bearing was totaly shot, and being new years day the bearing factors was shut, which is right out of order, when I was a lad shops were open 24 hours a day 8 days a week blah blah blah.
so went to the pub as I didn't want to get the BRP dirty again.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Jan 2008, 12:15

petrolhead wrote:Nice pic,s Gwyn, It's nice to see Ades BRP ( big red pig ) I love my one and will never sell it, though I prefer the CRM on the tricky stuff and to pick up off the ground! I was hoping to get out on new years day my self, but a 4" nail just as I was about leave slowed me up, and although I managed to repair the tube and get the rim lock etc all back without pinching it ,( minor miracle ) I discovered the sprocket side wheel bearing was totaly shot, and being new years day the bearing factors was shut, which is right out of order, when I was a lad shops were open 24 hours a day 8 days a week blah blah blah.
so went to the pub as I didn't want to get the BRP dirty again.
Cheers PH :D Ade loves his BRP. He's always on about getting a KTM 525 to replace it, but i dont think he ever will. In the summer he puts on the supermoto wheel's :twisted: , and as even done a hill climb on it. The only thing that pi$$e£ him off a bit is when he drops it off road and it's a Ba$**** to get going again :x
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

petrolhead
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by petrolhead » 08 Jan 2008, 22:19

[quote="Gwyn"][quote="petrolhead"]Nice pic,s Gwyn, It's nice to see Ades BRP ( big red pig ) I love my one and will never sell it, though I prefer the CRM on the tricky stuff and to pick up off the ground! I was hoping to get out on new years day my self, but a 4" nail just as I was about leave slowed me up, and although I managed to repair the tube and get the rim lock etc all back without pinching it ,( minor miracle ) I discovered the sprocket side wheel bearing was totaly shot, and being new years day the bearing factors was shut, which is right out of order, when I was a lad shops were open 24 hours a day 8 days a week blah blah blah.
so went to the pub as I didn't want to get the BRP dirty again.[/quote]

Cheers PH :D Ade loves his BRP. He's always on about getting a KTM 525 to replace it, but i dont think he ever will. In the summer he puts on the supermoto wheel's :twisted: , and as even done a hill climb on it. The only thing that pi$$e£ him off a bit is when he drops it off road and it's a Ba$**** to get going again :x[/quote]

Tell him the futures not orange, I had a 2003 525 at the same time as the xr and the xr is still here! The 525 is a fantastic bike though but very high maintenance oil filters and oil every 15 hours, fork seals every few months, front brake packs up without warning,electric start only works when engine warm etc plus much more! and I like to spanner but got fed up working on it more than riding it ( I do like my bikes spot on ) But you can't kill a XR ! and if you give it good oil now and then and grease the swinging arm it will last you for life.
But I should also say the KTM is sooooooooooooooo much fun on sticky little supermoto wheels you have to ask your self, how can this much fun be legal?