nasty peaks ride

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:
nasty peaks ride

Post by slider » 14 Jan 2008, 12:02

:oops: the day started a little late due to somebody having far to many drinky poo's the night before,but i won't mention names,eh
(sorry about that gents)
seeing as its probably gonna be my last outing till feb i fancied doing the tougher stuff,so the route was formed around the following lanes:
tenterhill,both ways
hollinsclough
glider club(can be difficult when wet and muddy,wich it was :lol: )
bamford
stannage
hope cross,from the bridge up
chapelgate in reverse
with a few of the easier routes thrown in to get us around.
micks motor sounded decidedly iffy when we got to the top of tenterhill on the first pass so he decided to call it a day before it gave up completely.
everyone coped well with tenterhill in both directions and the same with hollinsclough,no offs wich was a result.so off we set to head towards hope taking in a few easier lanes,a few eye brows were raised when we used the byway straight through the middle of buxton golf course :lol: .
we made our way towards the glider club wich can catch any one out when its wet and slimey and it did,mike had a minor,just as the climb gets rocky but remounted and got up on the second attempt.a quick run around shatton and we were at hope for dinner/breakfast where we bumped into ridge and scuffs party .
bamford and stannage were next up and again everyone coped admirably.at the top of stannage after a quick discussion with the group we decided to take a look at two lanes above the A57 that i'd never ridden.
:idea: i'll cable tie the map to the cross bar pad so i can see it easily and be able to spin it around following our route,except i realised shortly after that i'd also cable tied my throttle cable to it aswell,everytime i spun the map to see where we were it know spun back :roll:
the first of the two lanes was a little dissapointing but the second was a minty scenic route over ughill moor

back to the ruff stuff and hope cross in reverse,none of the group had done hope this way but again there were no problems/offs and we were soon on the level section and heading back to civilisation.
next up the one that had caused the most chat allday,chapelgate in reverse!.we got to the bottom of the climb and mike was off like a rat up a drain pipe,he managed to get to the first exposed drain and the bike just spun from underneath him,a seconds silence from the three of us watching at the bottom.....then as mike got to his feet the piss taking began :laugh: (must admit it looked like a nasty one),remounted,mike carries on up the climb and we take it in turns to follow.i nearly flipped my bike after giving it a fist full at some of the larger rock steps,wich led to a stall but again nobody had any real dramas and we were soon heading down the rock steps on the otherside.
roych clough was next and the team work made easy progress through the gates at the start and the drainage work has made the section after the streams more enjoyable :lol:
one more lane on the way back towards buxton as the light was fading fast and then back to the vans,a top day out,no injuries just a shame micks bike had gone tits up(i know how he feels,having my engine seize after only 10 miles into a n/wales run just before xmas)
so a top day,good company,a hearty full english breaky and a lovely hot bath when i got in,sweet :wink:

*kingy of the hill*

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: nasty peaks ride

Post by Gwyn » 14 Jan 2008, 12:47

Nice report and pics Slider 8) :D Hope Micks bike is ok and nothing terminal :(
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 14 Jan 2008, 12:52

nice report mate looks like it turned out to be a good un! just a shame i had to cut it short :evil: :cry: :cry (that ktms lookin more appealing by the day!!) :lol: looks like the weather held off aswell (bbc weather heavy rain all day!) my arse :!:
91 mk2

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 14 Jan 2008, 12:56

Gwyn wrote:Nice report and pics Slider 8) :D Hope Micks bike is ok and nothing terminal :(
:lol: :lol: so do i mate theres a nasty scraping noise coming from the barrel on tick over it got me home fine though and seems to have not lost any power :?
91 mk2

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by Eddie Evans » 15 Jan 2008, 15:40

Great report Slider
Oh yes I remember some of them rocks :eek: . :D
I hope your bike is OK Mick and you get it back out on the lanes soon.
There's just not enough smokers out there at the moment :lol:
One of the men I regularly ride with hates them (two strokes) and I think I am off his Christmas card and PM list since stroking up. Which is a shame as he has been something of a mentor to me since starting out. Still life's too short to miss out on a power band coming in :mrgreen:

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 15 Jan 2008, 17:29

slider and myself pulled the motor out today (cheers mate) and dropped it at a bike repair place the bore looks ok just minor scoring but theres play in the main bearings so he needs to split the crank :cry: o dear this aint gonna be cheap il find out more when he splits it :roll:
91 mk2

rene
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by rene » 25 Jan 2008, 12:39

looks like you had a good time! some of them rock climes look rather hard...

Going to have to get to one of these before my CRM goes!
ZXR750 L1
1986 Maico GM 250
TL1000R

http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:

Post by slider » 25 Jan 2008, 12:44

see the feb rideout if you can make it :wink: