I was wondering.......

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
dirt bike kid
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
its a long story ......

Post by dirt bike kid » 22 Jun 2003, 11:59

here goes....

I am actually in delhi at the moment opening an office for my company - ive been here nearly 2 months - i had a 1 week break about 3 weeks ago and went home to my beloved KMX200 (marillyn) she had been sitting patiently chained up for a month waiting for me.......I did the stupidist thing and left her unchained one saturday night while i was in england woke up the following morning and some pikeys had it away.......so i came back to delhi broken hearted and somewhat lost.....i know it was my own fault i should have locked her - i had an imobiliser fitted but a dead battery didnt help.......anyway a few of my mates who work in a bike shop knew how depressed i was and living 3,000 miles away from home walking around in a daze all day dreaming of what theese pikeys are doing to marillyn ....they kept theyre eyes open for me and one day i got a call \"spence weve found the bike for you a crm250 its dirty\" .....so i made a bank transfer and she is waiting for my in my mates shop ......i suppose its bit like an arranged marrage ............
im back in england next week and im gonna find a place for us to get dirty ill post you my results - i live near uxbridge and there is a place on the M25 i drive past and i can see a motoX track i will research it and let you all know when the meet is......
if the river runs red - take the dirt track

dirt captain
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by dirt captain » 22 Jun 2003, 14:37

I dont mean to sound like a wuss, but i think a MX track might be a bit balls out, i think a trail is more entertaining, something with some distance and changing conditions, MX trax are fine for a blast, but if some of us are going to travel, you need something to last the day(or w/end maybe) out, just my humble opinion, not wishing to stand on any ones toes. Plus broken bones,ego and bike dont come cheap.
GET IT OUT AND GET IT DIRTY

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 22 Jun 2003, 18:02

if it's a weekend thing we could do a trail on the sat then have a few bears by the tents/caravans and do the mx thing on sun b4 going home....

dirt captain
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by dirt captain » 22 Jun 2003, 21:40

Roughly translated: if you do break something, it will be after a decent trail ride and a skin full and it won`t hurt as much as it would if you were sober. Yeah i`m cool with that 8) :D

dirt bike kid
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
got her!!!

Post by dirt bike kid » 30 Jun 2003, 14:44

im gonna call her Kylie - cos shes got a beautiful rear end......

not had much time to surf webs - ive been thrashing kylie - dying for a dirty weekend with her - get it on - whats norflok like then ???

dirt captain
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by dirt captain » 20 Jul 2003, 09:28

sorry been busy, norfolk is ok, not that many places to ride legally, but we do, just dont use the same trax to often and try not to be a pain in the arse. should be doing the pedders way nex sunday, it`s a legal trail but you still find the odd person trying to stop you. it`s a good day, very long and can be tireing. never done it when its been dry so i would imagine lots of dust and unforgiving ground. will report back.

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Hi Ya Chaps and chapessess

Post by Ian T-B » 12 Aug 2003, 00:25

Just found this wonderful site and have been reading about your proposed meet up. I've had my MKII CRM for around 6 months now and love it to bits. I can't get out enough. I live in Leicestershire, I know a few lane but not enough to fill a weekend. I can rope in a mate of mine (KTM rider) who knows loads of lanes. Only problem I can see is for young double_clutch as to do these lanes you will need a license as 95% of them are green lanes, and as he was the one who started this topic it would be unfortunate for him to miss out. If he is unable to ride on the road legally but wishes to do so then so be it and we can sort something out. I hope no one minds a new comer butting in to your conversation but I would like to take part in any group meet that is arranged. Don't mind traveling as the beer tastes the same where ever you are - and I like lots!! Keep the communications flowing as I look forward to reading your comments. Come on lets do it.
Ian T-B
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange!!

http://www.larf-online.com

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 12 Aug 2003, 10:43

where are you in the country?

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 12 Aug 2003, 22:14

I am in Loughborough in Leicestershire.
Ian T-B

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 13 Aug 2003, 11:01

dead handy for leisure trail then! :D

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 14 Aug 2003, 00:56

Too right just far enough away to keep me away from spending loads of money regularly, but close enough for those little emergencies. ie new tail ends after a flip or new handle bars after a good \"off\". :oops:
Ian T-B

dirt bike kid
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
lets do it soon

Post by dirt bike kid » 14 Aug 2003, 18:36

before we loose the weather - i dont see why we shouldnt invite other riders - it will be good to see them choking in my 2 stroke smoke.....i resized the picture of my kylie to keep the shape of this page...

so come on someone take the bull by the horns where when

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 15 Aug 2003, 00:55

Well DBK, Firstly we need to know who wants to go. Once we get an idea as to that then we can find a suitable area. If 90% of the turn out is from the south of the country, then it makes sence it is down there. I personaly have no problem in traveling so I am easy.

Secondly we need to decide what every one is expecting from the meet. For this we must have suggestions and comments or it will not happen.

I would like to meet up Friday night/Saturday morning have a ride out Saturday. If we are camping then indulge in multiple cans of larger around the old camp fire singing ging-gang-gooly and she'll be coming around the trail when she comes etc...... A B.B.Q would sort out the evening meal,breakfast and any further snacks one might require. Then on Sunday another ride out until every one is totally knackered and wants to go home. (don't forget this is only my suggestion you lot may want something totaly different - TELL US)

I think the meet should be around the end of September as the weather should still be faily warm and dry (thats balls that up then) this also gives us at least a month to sort things out.

Come on INPUT is required from all who wants to go. If you don't say what it is you want it can't be included.

Look forward to reading your comments very soon.

Regards Ian T-B
Ian T-B

dirt bike kid
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
GREAT

Post by dirt bike kid » 15 Aug 2003, 14:50

- sounds good to me - i dont mind travelling - i have a tent - i dont mind doing a cheap local b+b if it is far away - i am an expert bbq'er

right so first of all dates....

september the 26th/27th

now area - im lost dont know - newbie show me the way - i dont care where it is

we could just go to a campsite for friday night and meet up there - and do the whole day saturday

anyone know of a campsite with some lanes??

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 17 Aug 2003, 22:39

O.K DBK not getting alot of feed back on this from here so I will start a new Subject and see if any one is up for it then.
Ian T-B