TRF WEEKEND AT WHEELDON FARM

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
TRF WEEKEND AT WHEELDON FARM

Post by fallenmikethebike » 29 Apr 2008, 18:16

:D Just can,t praise it highly enough. 2 fantastic days riding on varied terrain, slippery bare rock to ruts, some glorious switch back climbs, and leg pumping descents river crossings ,glorious views ,and all lead by a local guy who new every byway back to front and inside out.What a super bloke , [D.R.] Dave deserves a medal .
Our group of 6 became 5 after about 1 mile ,when the DT200 shed its rear tyre :( he was able to join another group in the afternoon.
Another lad head butted a partially fallen tree, it didn,t shift so the rest of us ducked under it :lol: he joined a more laid back group the next day, so we were down to 4 plus the leader .
On the Sunday with just 5 of us we made great progress, except when we lost Cronyx up a lane, i found him the other side of a large bank in a steep sided wood ,turned out he had lost control and speared of into the woods unable to react in time :oops: still no harm done .The down side was i had to get his bike out of the woods somehow, fek those MK1s have low bars, what rise bars do you guys run on them :?: give us that A/R back now :D
still another great day of over a hundred mls , and using the corner drop off system we had completed our route by 3.30 so we were home by 7.30 ish .
Also managed to visit some places from my birth town ,Okehampton we walked up to Meldon Dam and discovered this leak.
:eek:
but fortunately we were able sort the problem out, and a new career for Cronyx !!! yes thats right ,
All together "he,s got his finger in a dyke" :lol:
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:
Re: TRF WEEKEND AT WHEELDON FARM

Post by slider » 29 Apr 2008, 18:41

that dyke looks very moist mike :lol: sounds like a good weekend 8)

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 30 Apr 2008, 08:04

Looks like you had a cracking weekend Mike 8) :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 30 Apr 2008, 18:02

:D Yes thanks guys , and hope to go back next year to ride the runs i missed out on this year.
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!