First Serious Ride on my CRM

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
rich1960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
First Serious Ride on my CRM

Post by rich1960 » 13 Jun 2008, 19:51

I have been out many times since buying Fossils CRM late 07, but today I went out with 4 mates, they were on a Husky 510, Husky 450, CRF 450 and XR400 and guess what, my 16 year old CRM held its head high amongst so called modern-day machinery.

Every climb, every decent it just steamed up hill and down dale all day, we rode some seriously rocky stuff in the Peaks including a very technical lane near to Chapel en le Frith, and went up Stanedge and the CRM never missed a beat.

And, at the end of a very challenging day, I was still fresh enough to ride my CRM home (about 50 miles) when all the others (except XR400) were completely knackered and the journey home included 10 miles on the M62.

These bikes must be the true "all round trail bike", what a shame Mr Honda never officially imported them to the UK, for me the CRM is up there with the RD400, LC350, KH750 and Z1 as a true classic.

My only regret is that I never 'found' the CRM until I was looking for a gentle return to trail riding after breaking my leg 18 months ago - if I'd known then what I know now I would have had a CRM many years ago.

Rich

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: First Serious Ride on my CRM

Post by Gwyn » 13 Jun 2008, 20:43

rich1960 wrote:I have been out many times since buying Fossils CRM late 07, but today I went out with 4 mates, they were on a Husky 510, Husky 450, CRF 450 and XR400 and guess what, my 16 year old CRM held its head high amongst so called modern-day machinery.

Every climb, every decent it just steamed up hill and down dale all day, we rode some seriously rocky stuff in the Peaks including a very technical lane near to Chapel en le Frith, and went up Stanedge and the CRM never missed a beat.

And, at the end of a very challenging day, I was still fresh enough to ride my CRM home (about 50 miles) when all the others (except XR400) were completely knackered and the journey home included 10 miles on the M62.

These bikes must be the true "all round trail bike", what a shame Mr Honda never officially imported them to the UK, for me the CRM is up there with the RD400, LC350, KH750 and Z1 as a true classic.

My only regret is that I never 'found' the CRM until I was looking for a gentle return to trail riding after breaking my leg 18 months ago - if I'd known then what I know now I would have had a CRM many years ago.

Rich
True Rich, they are a classic 8) 8) :D

Glad your putting Fossils old steed to good use :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 13 Jun 2008, 20:46

:D :D

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 13 Jun 2008, 21:53

:D Well done Rich , putting the all singing all dancing machinery to shame , and a great day out to boot :D
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!