Time to meet up?

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Time to meet up?

Post by Ian T-B » 17 Aug 2003, 23:04

On the 25 Dec 2002 Double_Clutch started a topic on a meet up. Since then a lot of replies have been recieved but no one has bitten the bullet and done something about it. :? I have brought the topic back up to the front page as it were, as only Dirt Bike Kid and my self seem to be interested in doing it. I quess it is because not every one is visiting that page.
We (DBK & IT-B) have made a suggestion that it be around Sept 26th/27th. I would say a central position of the country (say Northamptonshire) would be best. These are only suggestions. :| Any one who would like to join in please make them selves known and please give us views and preferances on what you would like to do, when you would like to do it and where. :) Both DBK and me are able to travel so suggestions please ASAP.

P.S. Admin - can't you get a flipping spell check put on here? :lol:
Ian T-B
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange!!

http://www.larf-online.com

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 18 Aug 2003, 07:00

Maybe you guys are more fortunate and have access to trailers. i dont and would have to ride it anywhere i want to go.
Me phil & darren and a few other met up a couple of weeks ago just round the corner from me in cheshire which was fun.
but as you may have guessed i havent used my AR this year due to being too busy (hence look at the state of this site - needed upgrading 4 months ago) but i would try and fit in where i could.

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 18 Aug 2003, 11:09

Well admin if there is more people who are unable to travel from Cheshire that any where else then we could meet up there. This is why I asked for everyone who wishes to go to let us have their suggestions.
Look forward to hearing from some others as to their thoughts.
Ian T-B

Russell
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Russell » 19 Aug 2003, 08:55

I am interested to tag along, do not mind where it is as can put bike in van to travel. Need to sort quick though as weather changing and I am selling my CRM.
If you did a weekend you where talking about a MX track on the sunday, this would suit me fine as I would bring my CRM for the greenlaning and my CRF for the track.
I work away from home alot but if free would love to meet you all.

Regards

Russell.

dirt bike kid
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
are we talking turkey.

Post by dirt bike kid » 19 Aug 2003, 16:58

right so are we all down for the 26th/27th september???

- yes good ...

we have me DBK - london , ian - leicestershire, russel herts, paul/admin and some others cheshire...

i would say looking at a map .......worcestershire.........anyone know the area - i suggested before finding a campsite .....

lets get it on......

admin - do you have a mailing list? can you drop an e-mail to all the CRM'rs see if they are up for it.???
if the river runs red - take the dirt track

rowleyd3
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by rowleyd3 » 20 Aug 2003, 09:57

I would almost certainly be up for it. I have just had to give my trailer back, so unless I can buy another PDQ I'll have to ride there/back (which I don't mind as long as its not too far)

I'm based in Shropshire (Telford)

Darren.
Darren Rowley

Rangoon
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
count me in

Post by Rangoon » 20 Aug 2003, 20:53

:lol:
i live west midlands
count me in!!

rangoon

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 21 Aug 2003, 23:08

This is more like it some enthusiasum (if thats how you spell it). Worcester is great for me as I was born and bread in Malvern. Before you get too excited I was not into this game when I lived there (10 years since I left).

However if you all would like to come to Leicestershire/Northants I can get together with a good friend of mine to sort out 2 good days of lanes, he is an admirer of our machines but prefers his brand new KTM 525 EXC more.

If you wish for me to sort this out I may also be able to talk a good chap I met for the second time last night, he has a MKIII and rides it like the wind. I have not approached him yet but he is the man who sorts out the ride outs for my local TRF (he may however be far too busy) but my mate Ant and I will be able to sort out the rides. What ever happens my mate Ant will want to come so if any one else wishes to bring a non-believer then its O.K by me how do you lot feel?

Happy commenting

Ian

P.S. Should anyone wish to ring me please feel free my No is
07764575067 phone is on 24/7 but sometimes I do sleep.
Ian T-B

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 26 Aug 2003, 09:22

I am interested in coming up for a couple of days riding with a few mates (one is a CRM convert, the other not so) if we can sort out a van.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 26 Aug 2003, 23:05

Hi Bargos, glad your in. How many are you?

Rowleyd3 it's only just down the A5.

DBK are you up for it?

Admin Are you able to make it?

Rangoon M42 rings a bell.

Russell I don't think a MX track will be on the agenda so you only need 1 bike this time. (if you all come over here)

Do you guys want me to sort this out?

DBK did admin get you a mailing list - come on guys talk to me let me know what you want to do!!!!!!!! time is getting on.

Best wishes

Ian
Ian T-B

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 27 Aug 2003, 08:57

Hi T-B,

As long as we can sort a van there will be 2 if not 3 of us.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 27 Aug 2003, 22:08

Nice one Bargos, more the merrier. Just need some confirmation from the others to see where we are going. Would be nice to get admin and crew to come a long so if your up for it get down here or we can still come up your way - Some one make a decision.
Ian T-B

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 28 Aug 2003, 19:05

Hi chaps, i'm back. been working like a daft plonker doing a load of server upgrades in work (and sorted myself out a new server for this site, made a Dual P4 1600 Xeon reduntant just for this site he he)
anyway, as for the meet. well i have to inform you guys that my CRM after this weekend will be parked for the foreseeable future at my folks house in wales. I need the room in my garage (with the NC30 in the house and the YSR now in the living room there is no more room for the CRM) to rebuild my TZR.
I blew my 3XV at the weekend and bought another V twin for spares. so i suspect my garage will be full for at least the next 2 months hence no CRM
Not going to sell it as i know i will regret it if i did, but i suspect you can count me and my bike out for the next couple of months (yeah like i used it twice this year only and both of those were road use)
Anyway i must go and add some more pages to the new site as i am only 3 months behind with this

Ian T-B
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Ian T-B » 28 Aug 2003, 22:45

O.K Admin no problem, will be sorry not to meet up with you this time. :cry: Your garage sounds a little bit like mine is at the minute, I've got my CRM, a KTM 400, a KMX 200 and a Kwaka ZX7R in there. My wife thinks I am going menaporsal I think - I'm happy !! :D
Ian T-B

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 29 Aug 2003, 10:04

my CRM has now been relegated to the back garden to make way for this...

http://www.polandpip.freeserve.co.uk/buggy.htm

now the yellow bit has arrived (or been collected) there is no more room to squeeze the crm up the side.....

:D but :(