CRM Ride out - meet-up 16th/11/08

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM
CRM Ride out - meet-up 16th/11/08

Post by abigsupermoto » 16 Nov 2008, 19:30

Had a great day today,good to meet new faces and a few old ones!, some great lanes, even though the weather was very british. A big thanks must go to Eddie for leading the group and doing a lot of the organizing. everyone got back safe and a good time was had by all.
I only got 4 pics as we didn't stop much, but Eddie went on ahead and got some riding shots, so there will be more to follow.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o103 ... G_3846.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o103 ... G_3845.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o103 ... G_3848.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o103 ... G_3847.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: CRM Ride out - meet-up 16th/11/08

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:08

As arranged we all met up at the Car Park in Chirk under a blanket of drizzle.
We managed to set off fairly close to the start time and we were soon at the start of the first byway off the A5.
Nobody had any problems on this one and we made good progress on the the next lane which starts as a full track and then gets narrower as it climbs up through a wood.
This area has a good variety of lanes and as the road ahead was blocked by a parked car a slight detour and a nice short deeply rutted track appeared. At the next lane abigsupermoto held everyone back as I rode forward to take some photos.
Mike passing in a blurrImage
Romeo
Steve(terfysg)
Steve(slider)oops he's on a gas gas
As all were making good and no real difficulties I added a short rock strewn lane on the way to the Wayfarer which was the main lane of the day.

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:10

First photos there are of a water filled rut
Soon we were at the top of the pass with Romeo saying what a lovely view there was from this place ;)
KnackeredMk1's bike drew a crowd as usual.
From the top we rode down to where the track splits and veered off to the right riding to the tarmacked road and then riding round to the start of the other part of the lane to complete the loop where. Here we narrowly missed being reversed over by a Range Rover.

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:12

Part of this section is now used by forestry and has changed from a stone road to a mud bath in the past few weeks.
Look at the size of these ruts
Image :o
Back over the pass mentioned earlier

even the weather was starting to clear and some of the stunning views mentioned earlier could now be seen.
A quick look at the time showed that the full intended loop was possible and we made our way over another hill via a nice long track

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:14

I managed to get a photo of most as they rode down the hill. I wish I could have pictured some of the faces as they came to the rock steps lower down.

Another lane and we were at the promised fuel stop
Steve (slider) was concerned about the chain slipping on the now toothless front sprocket so I promised no steep hillsfor at least 100 yards

As we made our way to the next lane Mike was accosted by a little old lady who was convinced he was going to be up to no good on the hill side. Eventually he won her over and we were on our way only to lose slider soon after as he was unable to get any drive from the bald front sprocket. He would go along the the main road back to his van and meet us at the Cafe

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:15

Soon we were on the last lane of the day. The impressively named "Conquering Hero" (I don't know why)
From there it was a short ride along some back lanes up to the Ponderosa arriving at 1:15.
Where we grabbed a snack and a coffee.
Slider arrived soon afterwards in his van.
The motley crew
Our wet feet were getting cold and some had a long way to travel so we left soon after 2PM making our way back to the car park where we loaded up and said our good byes.
I hope everyone had a good time and you did not feel too rushed on the trail.
I've had a great couple of day trail riding and really enjoyed the day and great company.
Thanks everyone.
PS I hope we did not miss anyone who came to the cafe.
PPS
If anyone wants full MB photos let me know and I'll e mail them

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 16 Nov 2008, 20:18

I tried to load it as one post but it came up with a blank screen. Initially I was disappointed with the small pics but they magnify to a reasonable level when you click on them :geek: ;)

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 Nov 2008, 20:38

My thanks to everyone who was there.

Particularly to Eddie for leading, Sliider who was following (most of the time :roll: ) and last, but most assuredly not least, FmtB who gave me a lift and almost had to endure my snooring (we got given seperate rooms out of sympathy at the B&B on Sat night ;) ).

kreidlergp
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by kreidlergp » 16 Nov 2008, 21:27

The pics look fantastic and i hope to attend the next ride out , i am having a go at leisure lakes next week end to try out my MK3.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 16 Nov 2008, 21:57

:D Great pics Eddie , thanks for the superb day out , all without resorting to a map , really good to meet all the guys who were all great to a man .
Only one casualty , non CRM , say no more ;) ;) and i still think you boys were scrambling on the mountain, :D
Thanks to NKMK1 for the hospitality, tea and biccies set me up for the home journey .
I pulled into my road at 20.00 , so not to bad a trip home .
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

chris356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by chris356 » 16 Nov 2008, 22:09

I had a brilliant day was good to put faces to names & to see knackereds mk1 in the flesh & many thanks to eddie for organising it & taking some good pics.the day went well with no mishaps only one small close shave with the village policeman in his car.will try & post some pics if anyone can let me know how to & cant wait for the next meet up many thanks chris
if it aint broke then dont fix it !

aquarianmonkey
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by aquarianmonkey » 16 Nov 2008, 22:14

The pics are brill, looks like you've had a good time. i wont go in the gym, sleep funny or do any exercise the week running up to the next one ha ha. catch you guys another time hopefully.

terfysg
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by terfysg » 16 Nov 2008, 22:24

Thanks, Eddie, for a brilliant weekend. I'll be suffering tomorrow!!
It was awesome, riding in the group! Not a 4 stroke in sight ! (Though there was a bit of blue !)
The smell of 2T on the way back from the Ponderosa was a real 'Condor!' moment, until I was
woken by that copper overtaking me!

Judging the pace of the group, I'm sure we could have managed an 'Easy' ride out, rather than the basic
'Gentle'. (No bikes flipping, and landing upside down on the bars, with the engine running and still in gear)

Not very good with a camera, but here goes!

Top of the Wayfairer, with abigsupermoto enjoying the view ! (far right)

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... CF0827.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And from Saturday, the 'bit of blue' in deep

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... CF0825.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And just to prove the 'old scrapper' does scrub up, Sat A.M.

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... CF0824.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for a great day, lads, one and all!
Steve.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 17 Nov 2008, 16:01

Great pics and reports guy's 8-) 8-) :) Look's as though you all at a great time, with some cracking lanes. Gutted i missed out, but hope to make the next one. Just a shame the Gas Gas held everyone up :roll: :lol:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

klxkiller
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by klxkiller » 18 Nov 2008, 16:28

hi all looks like u had a brill time up there is there going to be any more ride outs do ya think i was ment to go to this one but me van threw its timeing belt last week so a big plwwrrrppp to that but would love to go . if theres any more is no more planed