North Wales Trail Ride April.

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: North Wales Trail Ride April.

Post by Eddie Evans » 05 Apr 2009, 21:33

We did one more lane before saying our goodbyes and the 3 Amigos headed back over the old favourites towards Glyn Ceiriog going back up Pandy Lane which proved no problem so on arriving at Pontfadog we decided that an ascent of "Heartbreak Hill" should be attempted.

Conditions were as dry as I have ever seen then although the rock step at the beginning looks intimidating. Whilst Knobby inspected the step I had already decided I was going to go for it and headed straight for the middle rolling off the throttle a bit and I was up just the little matter of needing to keep momentum going which the little Honda did at first big root step on my own and over confident I blew the clean ascent although vertical I managed to stop the bike looping.

Another attempt to the left and then the right had by now dampened my enthusiasm Chris had arrived and I could hear some chain sawing / rock grinding going on in the valley. He finally arrived a bit below the first hard section. One more try with a couple of rocks to lessen the step and some assistance from Knobby who walked up to where his bike couldn't get. Cheers Mate :thumbup: and a pull and a shove and I was up the first step.

After a few goes Chris got up without any assistance. :1stplace:

Poor old Knobby couldn't get to the step the recluse was smoking and he was making strange animal noises.

It wasn't for not trying though !

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 05 Apr 2009, 21:35

The next section is the finally tricky bit and I don't really know how but the CRF just floated up every obstruction getting me to an easy point with a big grin on my face.

Chris did his best and I think fresh he would have had no problem but try as we might we couldn't get his bike over a certain root. We manhandled the bike round and he headed back to where Team KTM were recovering.

So the CRF has made it up Heartbreak Hill although it wasn't a clean ascent unaided so I will be back for another go. The conditions were on our side but it is still not to be underestimated. Riding back down the road to meet the others at the bottom of the Hill guess who said "You made it slippy for us going after you ".

A nice ride back via Caemor Forest got us back to the vehicles around 18:15 having completed 113 miles.

Thanks guys for a great day I hope everyone got home safely just got to clean and fettle the bike now.

I am sure Ed will be pulling the armchair to pieces hope you find a few pound coins down the back of it. ;)

One final thing was a little admission from Knobby when we were fixing a puncture he doesn't change his own tyres. :w00t:

He has a little man dressed in rubber hidden in his garage for just such occasions. :whistle:

Anyway apologies if this post is too long and a bit rambling see you out on the trails soon.

Matt

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 06 Apr 2009, 18:11

:D Well done guys, a top day out, it looks stunning.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

MarkF12
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MarkF12 » 09 Apr 2009, 22:28

Great reports and pics, Looks like a good day was had by all . Hope you sort the bike out soon EE,.

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 12 Apr 2009, 19:44

guys that looks just superb. i wish i still had a bike to join you with. last run up ther berwyns with steve (forgot his surname) from the wirral back in 03 was great fun

badou 24
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by badou 24 » 12 Jan 2011, 08:35

hi eddie iv just joined the crm club and i green laned wales for 25 years you only need 3~5 riders in a group 4 a good day try some tracks near dinnas mywdwe nobody goes there keep upright