Trials practice

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
kreidlergp
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Trials practice

Post by kreidlergp » 29 May 2009, 23:06

If any forum members have a trials bike have a look at cowm leisure (google it) near Rochdale,its trials bikes only but a full days practice in a 140 acre stone quarry for £10 its worthing buying a trials bike. It has lots of steep climbs and drop offs etc and is used by many top riders for practice.
I am am not conected with the company in any way but try to get there most week ends with a few other riders and we cant praise it enough.

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Trials practice

Post by sdmc » 31 May 2009, 22:10

I know what you mean !, i havent been there yet but will look out to go there.

If ever you get the chance to come a bit east, lookout for the sdmc site near scarborough, again mainly for trials bikes , but , they also have ride offroaduk hare & hounds, there are a few of us with crm's who will also be going in for the ryedale rally, see if you can get anyone interested in coming across for a go in the rally,if you do you can bring your trials bikes as well,awesome place and well wortha run through. I know what its like though getting off your beta or gas gas and getting on the crms is shocking weight and height wise but both equally good fun and plenty of laughs.

Good luck and thanks for the tip.

PAULR
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Trials practice

Post by PAULR » 18 Oct 2009, 17:39

Hi. I've been to that quarry a couple of times.... not for the feint hearted. Went on a mates Shirco then I bought myself a Montesa 315R. Wish it was much closer. Gets VERY cold so wrap up well. Cheers