Salisbury Plain

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Woody
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Salisbury Plain

Post by Woody » 10 Nov 2003, 08:38

Hi Folks

Having recently bought an OS Explorer map for covering the Salisbury Plain area, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of riding the trails in this area?. It would appear to have numerous RUPPS & BOATS around Stonehenge & surrounding towns & villages. If anyone has ridden in this area I would be interested to hear from them as I have exhausted the trails local to me in the westcountry & would like to try somewhere new.

Cheers

Woody

phil1
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by phil1 » 14 Nov 2003, 19:41

woody, go to the 1st item in rideouts, i wrote it last year just after coming back from stonehenge, salisbury plain wasn`t all thatbut it will point you to some much better lanes. - Phil.

Woody
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Woody » 15 Nov 2003, 14:30

Cheers Phil, thanks for the info. Did you come across the army during your ride?. I don't fancy being live target practice!.
Woody

phil1
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by phil1 » 15 Nov 2003, 16:49

funny enough we did see some funny coloured items lying around on salisbury plain but we stayed well clear. The army tend to flag out there areas.
it was much better riding to the south of stonehenge, I could have driven my car on salisbury plain, it was to easy, but quite hard to navigate.
the rides i spoke of, in the bit i wrote, were very good and easy to find
(especially as i have told you where they are) :lol: