Hants/ Surrey ride report with vids

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
boundy
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Hants/ Surrey ride report with vids

Post by boundy » 08 Mar 2010, 23:50

Went out for a ride on Sunday, it was my second time out on the Gas Gas and the weather was perfect. My mate turned up at mine on his 05 WR250f at about 09:30 and we set off for a full days trail riding. My 04 Gas Gas 300ec performed faultlessly all day and was a joy to ride. About an hour into our ride we crossed paths with some guy who had traveled up from another county to ride the lanes, as we had a pre planned route on GPS we asked if they would like to join us for a ride. 2 of the guys were on CRF250's and the other 2 on CRF450's. There were times on the ride when I wished my bike had an electric like the others but those thoughts soon left my head as soon as I cracked open the throtle and heard the sweet song of 2 stroke. The handling is amazing and never fails to impress me and is a world away from the CRM250 I was riding prior to my Gasser. The 300 seems to have so much low down grunt and will pull its ass out from any muddy bog. I had a few off's but nothing serious, just need to improve my technique riding through nasty rutts. My mate took a few vids of our ride and up loaded them to youtube, my Gas Gas is wearing blue and im in a red and white jacket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVorToc8Dk&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pIJgd_Ykc&fmt=18

If anyone is local and wants to join us one Sunday, drop me a PM and im sure we can sort something out

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Hants/ Surrey ride report with vids

Post by fallenmikethebike » 09 Mar 2010, 19:15

:D Hi Dan, when we got to the " hop up" at Water Lane there was a queue this week as "someone" had thoughtfully removed all the timber ramps, I don't know for sure, but I would have money on it being the same prats who also throw the logs across the roads, or, hide water logged timber in the bottom of larger puddles :roll: :roll: :evil:
Glad to hear you like your new beast, hope it keeps running sweet.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

boundy
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by boundy » 09 Mar 2010, 19:57

As you might have seen in the vid I had a little trouble getting up it on sunday, still didn't make it all the way up on the second attempt

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 09 Mar 2010, 20:35

boundy wrote:As you might have seen in the vid I had a little trouble getting up it on sunday, still didn't make it all the way up on the second attempt
Enter some Trials in the Trail class, cheap day out, and good practice.
Or, even better, some Long Distance Trials, A great days trail riding with a few Wobbly, bits, for fun.
http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

roryntp
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 1991 mk2

Post by roryntp » 10 Mar 2010, 09:24

was this the same day that i met you dan? i was dead jealous not to be going for a ride out that day!
mine's running now so hopefully not too long now until i'll give you a bell about joining you for a day out.

boundy
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by boundy » 10 Mar 2010, 20:01

still not at a level to do anything competative.

no mate this was sunday just gone, i'll post the next ride in here, you are more than welcome to come along

JJD
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM MK2

Post by JJD » 29 May 2010, 12:17

You have a PM Boundy, would be interested in any Surrey hants runs.