Roosters ride out.

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3 prospec
Roosters ride out.

Post by purple rooster » 25 May 2010, 16:15

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z219 ... y%2020010/
great couple of days riding from stoke to barmouth and back, taking in as many lanes as poss on the way. Met the guys at 7am on a garage forecourt, and headed to oswestry, 50mile approx, then the trails started, winding our way round the countryside doing tarmac and trails in almost equal amounts untill we hit the coast. by the time we actually rolled up in barmouth we'd been in going for 13hrs, in 26 degree heat with all the tools, spares, water, clothes, armour etc it was a real grueller at times, especially on the more technical rocky climbs, felt like i was suffacating in the heat.(this was my first ride out for almost two years and i'm kinda out of shape) Mega fun tho and the scenery is just amazing, never saw another group of trail riders all weekend, just a few nutters on mountain bikes trying to give themselves a coronary along the wayfarar trail. Absolutely great to ride a proper tour, not just a few hours in the peaks on a sunday with countless other folk all fighting for there own little piece of the trails. 11 hrs back on the sunday and 550 kms under the ol mk3s belt and all good! No injuries, only one bike failed (broken cam chain) the crm never missed a beat and performed faultlessly the whole time. Good times!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Roosters ride out.

Post by fallenmikethebike » 25 May 2010, 17:38

:D Well done Rooster, that, looks and sounds like a cracking weekend.
I do think, that as a general purpose Trailer, the CRM range still take some beating, even on fuel efficiency.
I'm looking at doing a run from my place, down to Salisbury Plains, again same format , as much unsurfaced roads as possible.
Camp for the night down there and then back by a slightly different route, carrying all our tents and cooking gear etc.
Lots of planning for the route though.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by purple rooster » 25 May 2010, 19:08

Thanks mike it was ace!!! and i cant agree more, the crm,s got surprisingly long legs for a little bike, i was getting 130ish kms before going on to reserve, only going 50 to 60 mph on the roads, trying to conserve tyres more than anything. The seat is a tad painfull after 60 miles or so, but then again i aint gone anywhere on it for two years nearly, so i got a soft arse!! lol if anyones wondering, i never had to top up the oil tank once, filled to the mark before i left and the light came on about 20 miles from home and theres still loads left, i recon it would last 600kms before it was dry .Not that this is a clever thing to do of course! The route we took has been 10 years in the making, a lot of research and trips down dead ends in strange places. impassable, overgrown lanes, and being lucky enough to have bumped into some very knowlagable local riders over the years. it was my new years resolution to get back in the saddle this year, it didnt happen straight away but hell , for a first time out again it was a cracker!!

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 25 May 2010, 20:37

Glad to see you up & running again :D .

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by purple rooster » 26 May 2010, 12:49

I see you're goin for it again too knackered! you doing any rallies this year? i hope to at least get the hafron done again. did quite well last time, second in the 250 trailbike class! woohoo! and the bloke who beat me was on a crm too. whats happened to gwen these days? he still riding? last time i spoke to him he'd gust got back into it after a long lay off too.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 27 May 2010, 21:43

purple rooster wrote:I see you're goin for it again too knackered! you doing any rallies this year? i hope to at least get the hafron done again. did quite well last time, second in the 250 trailbike class! woohoo! and the bloke who beat me was on a crm too. whats happened to gwen these days? he still riding? last time i spoke to him he'd gust got back into it after a long lay off too.
Gwyn is still riding but he has got some big orange thing. He still has his Mk2 and says he is going to do some rallies.

By the way, I'm that bloke on the CRM that beat you! I'll be doing the Hafren and all the others on a Mk2 this year that has had some stuff done so hopefully it will be a bit quicker than the purple wreck.
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by purple rooster » 28 May 2010, 02:45

lol . ace! the last time i did the hafron was in 07! it'll still be on here somewhere, but i'll be there this year all buns blazin! (with a bit of luck)i'm fat and unfit now. looking back through stuff ive found the ol taff's turned orange, oh well, seems to be the way these days. nothing but pieces of orange plastic strewn around the countryside, no fun in trying to identify what crashed where anymore.