Wales ride out on a CRM with the big boys

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
xander77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Wales ride out on a CRM with the big boys

Post by xander77 » 23 Jun 2010, 20:49

Got offered a ride out round Llangollen/Chirk areas through a friend, Timpo was leading the ride!!! (Legend in his own lifetime!) Newbie here decided to go! bikes were KTM`s Husaberg and 2 DRZ 400`s

CRM seemed to be able to do it, apart from the number plate trying to get away! But the rider was definitely not up to the other rider’s ability and fitness levels!!
Jesus they were fast! And good! It felt like turning up to a track day and seeing WSB riders in your group! Though I did enjoy it! Just could not keep up! defo not the CRM`s fault for a 15 year old bike it goes really well! V-impressed with it!

Stick with my mates now for a while before I try that level of trail riding!!

Jack

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Wales ride out on a CRM with the big boys

Post by Eddie Evans » 24 Jun 2010, 00:20

The important thing is to ride at your own pace. It is a trail ride and not a race.
It is bound to be a bit difficult to start with but it will soon start to get a bit easier. Most riders are happy to have a chat (and get their breath back) at the end of a lane when a newer rider catches up.

xander77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by xander77 » 24 Jun 2010, 07:28

Hi Eddie,
I did try to ride at my own pace but felt I was holding the others up! and while they could rest after a lane, while I completed it, It was awkward cause they had a rest and chat, then when I got to the end they were ready to go again! so not many rests for me!
Just in over my head! but still enjoying going out with my mates! just got a lesson in my limits!

Cheers Jack

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3 prospec

Post by purple rooster » 23 Aug 2010, 12:39

dont let it put you off jack, everybody experienced the same as you at some point, but with practice comes confidence and before long it becomes easier. Plus as eddie says, its a trail ride not a race. You dont have to go balls out everywhere, thats not the point. Sounds like a good day out tho, and i know some of the trails round there are tough, so if you just made it round youre doin well.