Berks for Brechfast

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Berks for Brechfast

Post by Cupid Stunt » 17 Nov 2010, 12:10

Part I

Finally it came to be that the guys from Berks came over for a ride
Steve (I Wish) Glenn, Billy, Darren, George, Jason, Carl and Matt (Apologies if I forgot anyone)
JaseXT was leading with gasman in the middle and my duties for the day was to be "tail end Charlie" which I attended to striclty and behaved myself all (damned) day, well part of that was out of duty and the otehr was it was a VERY slippery day and I had a Trelleborg front tyre which is too blocky and wouldn't dig in

Anywhoos
After some initial trouble starting my CRM (and getting the hump about it :) )we set off around 8:30am
Over the Blacks and onto the first lane, lots of little rocky ditches but no problems for anyone, one more snotty lane then onto Lampkin Lane which we rode down and up again just for fun (see video of Steve dancing to the music in a failed synchronised swiimer type efforrt, oh and jase dancing on his bike doing pirouettes like a little balerina
A couple more lanes then onto Ashfield to fuel up (Steve kindly covered mine, Jase and Paul's fuel bill , thanks fella
It was pointed out that I had a flat rear so I set straight about sorting that out (I had the hump again now )
Everyone had eaten (except me) and we all had a drink, tyre was sorted so we set off on the road to Cabbage Soup Lane
I think the guys loved this one, well maybe except for George who went to the bog, it was very very snotty in places but damned good fun

Out of Cabbage Soup and into Brechfa, this is where the trails get really good, there were plenty of moments but I didn't catch many having to stay behind the last rider all the time, got a couple on video though Glenn going scuba diving and Jase doing the same on my favourite tricky river crossing :)
Round the forrestry and the guys had to have a go at a steep loose lomy hill, nobody made it up but they all had a good crack at it, so don't worry Elvis your rep is still safe

Hers' part one of the video, part 2 will follow ove r the next day or so

Watch in HD, full screen and Whack your sound up

http://vimeo.com/16846886

Was nice to meet all the guys, a good bunch they are too, and all very pretty, well OK I could only see the backs of their heads all day so I could be wrong :)

Part II

....Well lets just go back a bit to before the loose loamy hill and into the Brechfa trails....

You turn down a tiny weeny incy wincy little side road in Abergorlech, the tarmac become gravel and then becomes some of the best trails around
The trails get better as you go along and it's not long before you are upon the infamous river crossing, OK, it doesn't look much but has to be crossed with care, I've seen so many people take a dunking there now, I always ride ahead to get my camera out, only trouble is that Jase keeps warning people about it and telling them the best way to cross >:(, damn it, I need good footage mush :)
They all crossed safely (if maybe a little sideways) except for Glenn who wanted to take a much closer look at the cause of the slipperyness (see vid)
Jase obviously felt very guilty about spoiling my chances of £250 from "You've Been Framed" and took a dive for the team (see vid) :)

From the river it's a loose snotty, slatebed uphill and disappointing they all stayed upright again, mind you they were cheating by going round the slate steps
Onwards through the lanes getting hit by branches and struggling to command the front wheels where to go, they had a ruddy mind of their own, no point in trying to pick a line
Some huge very long puddle put a big grin on my face, creating a monserous muddy bow wave for 100 yards is cool :), would have been on video but a branch had hit my camera and knocke it skywards ???

More cracking lanes then out of Brechfa and into more forestry fo a loooong uphill climb, from the top we drop right and down a very long lane which is rutted, rocky twisty and quite steep in place with some switchbacks to add to the fun, along here I spotted an open gate acroos my path at the last moment, phew, just in time ;D
I was getting knackered now and slowed to a crawl (litteraly) and just trundeld down the rest of the hill, it was this one that we took poor JohnXR up on his first ever rideout, poor beggar had to walk all the way up whilst two others took turns in riding his bike to the top
I tried to encourage the guys on Saturday to ride up it then back down but they didn't want to ? :)

A few were in urgent need of a drink by now (well I was anyway) so one or two more lanes then into Llandeilo for fuel and refreshments, then it was a quick road blast into Glanaman to pick up some more trails to head home as it was starting to get near dark
We were scooting over the moutain, me still as tail end charlie when Paul's chain came apart and wrapped itself tight round his front sprocket, oh crap, we knew we weren't going to sort it before dark but we set about it anyways, all done in the end and time for my first ever night riding experience :), though silly me had forgotten to load the Memory Map route onto my satnav and I had to do my best to go by my own memory (anyone who knows me well enough will tell you what that's gonne be like :) )

Amazingly I did managed to find my way over the mountain and out the other side where Paul and I split and headed home

What a cracking days riding and I'm looking forward to more, maybe even some night stuff, the views from the top into the lit up towns below were great

As usual, HD, full screen, sound up ;)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5504583/b ... ro_part_2/

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Berks for Brechfast

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Nov 2010, 16:46

:D Well done, you guys sound like you had a great weekend,and only slightly embarrassed the brand :oops: .
It.s an odd conundrum, that some will start with absolutely no hassle at all, and others :evil:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 18 Nov 2010, 17:11

Loooks really good :BB .

Though some bikes/riders look like clones with dark clothing, orange bikes and orange hand guards :roll:

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 18 Nov 2010, 17:21

knackeredMk1 wrote:Loooks really good :BB .

Though some bikes/riders look like clones with dark clothing, orange bikes and orange hand guards :roll:
True, I couldn't tell who was who until folk took their lids off

CRM3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM3 » 18 Nov 2010, 20:48

Well done guys,from a south west wales trf member.

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 19 Nov 2010, 08:51

CRM3 wrote:Well done guys,from a south west wales trf member.
Whereabouts are you ?

CRM3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM3 » 19 Nov 2010, 17:11

I live in Ross on Wye,but go to the south west meet every month.
Some of you guys were there at the last meet.
Christian introduced a couple of you,but i cant remember your names.

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 19 Nov 2010, 18:31

DOH !
That's the South Wales TRF in th EAST :)

I run VDSR (Valleys Dual Sport Riders), we're primarily based around the border between South and West Wales

If you ever fancy coming over this way for a ride just give us a shout

CRM3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM3 » 19 Nov 2010, 21:01

Thanks will do,just as soon as the crms back on the road ?

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 20 Nov 2010, 08:33

CRM3 wrote:I live in Ross on Wye,but go to the south west meet every month.
Some of you guys were there at the last meet.
Christian introduced a couple of you,but i cant remember your names.
I think my mate Jase went down last month

Cupid Stunt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cupid Stunt » 20 Nov 2010, 08:39

CRM3 wrote:Thanks will do,just as soon as the crms back on the road ?
CRM will be back fairly soon
I've got a few more things to do yet while I'm waiting for the new pump seal and pipes to arrive...

New tyres and TUbliss system to be fitted
New chain and sprockets
Remove carb and thouroughly clean out, check jet sizes too
Blow the dents out of the DEP pipe and polish up
Strip headstock and re-grease
Strip swing arm and re-grease
Might even clean and touch up the frame paint where the paint is chipped and worn