South Hams

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
Bongo
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
South Hams

Post by Bongo » 15 Aug 2011, 19:49

Many lanes down Kingsbridge way ? Going down there for a week ( not till next June 2012 ) and might take the bikes if any good.

Peter
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: South Hams

Post by Peter » 15 Aug 2011, 20:52

Hi Bongo, Devon is one of the counties with the most lanes that can be ridden legally. If you put a post on the Devon TRF forum you will find loads of guys to take you out. I am in The Cornwall TRF and lead rides every other weekend, if you want to have a go at the slippery slate climbs we have down here let me know and I will take you out. That goes for anybody on the forum,you are welcome to come down as a group, I can sort out a nearby campsite and you can make a weekend of it.

Great lanes and great pasties.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 15 Aug 2011, 22:14

Peter wrote:Hi Bongo, Devon is one of the counties with the most lanes that can be ridden legally. If you put a post on the Devon TRF forum you will find loads of guys to take you out. I am in The Cornwall TRF and lead rides every other weekend, if you want to have a go at the slippery slate climbs we have down here let me know and I will take you out. That goes for anybody on the forum,you are welcome to come down as a group, I can sort out a nearby campsite and you can make a weekend of it.

Great lanes and great pasties.
+1. ;) Take him up "Pink Panther" :lol: :lol:
East Devon is Trail biking heaven, Stop off at Slapton Sands as well and have a look at the Sherman Tank, which acts as a memorial to the many hundreds of American service men that were on an exercise that went badly wrong, whilst practising for the D day landings.
There's nearly a weeks good riding in the area without duplicating many lanes.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Peter
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Peter » 16 Aug 2011, 20:06

Nice to hear that you know about Pink Panther Mike, it sure is a lane that warms you up!!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 16 Aug 2011, 22:13

Peter wrote:Nice to hear that you know about Pink Panther Mike, it sure is a lane that warms you up!!!
:D MT43 country for sure, oh and "much malarking", that fun as well.
I had a day out with Adam, and another day out with Tony.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Bongo
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Bongo » 31 Aug 2011, 22:24

Thanks for the info - I know the area pretty well as my wife originally comes from Thurlestone, its just that i've never been riding down there.

Peter
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Peter » 01 Sep 2011, 21:55

Just let me know when you are down and I will sort a guide for you, Cornwall or Devon, the choice is yours Bongo.