Ride out In Glos any advice where to go?

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
CRM Si
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk 2
Ride out In Glos any advice where to go?

Post by CRM Si » 15 Sep 2011, 15:32

Hi All,

Have a mk2 that I only use for work commute. Bought it to try green laning but have not met anyone local enough to go out with. I live in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire and really don't know any green lanes. Family commitments mean I am not available that often to go out riding but would prefer to go with someone experienced first to show me the ropes so to say.
Have considered the TRF but money is tight and time is minimal so would'nt get the full benefit of joining for a year imo.Plus i might not enjoy the rigours of green laning.... Anyone local to buddy up with? drop us a pm to exchange details

Si

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Ride out In Glos any advice where to go?

Post by fallenmikethebike » 15 Sep 2011, 17:11

:D Most TRF groups allow an interested rider to come along for a couple of rides to gauge how they will take to the pastime.
If you join in a month or so I think your membership will run through to the end of 2012.
You can of course just buy the OS maps for you're area follow the Byway's your self, but that can be hard work, and you will not be aware of the lanes that carry a TRO[ Traffic Regulation Order], which if you're caught riding on by plod will result in you're CRM being posted back through you're letter box to you, after they have crushed it.
I always get a relatives to pay for my membership as a present, it's something I want, as opposed to yet more socks, or fecking slippers.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3
Re: Ride out In Glos any advice where to go?

Post by garyd » 17 Sep 2011, 09:52

Hey Mike when you come to collect the forks why not bring bike and ill take you on a 90 mile trail ride(4hrs)