Long shot - guys in South Africa, where are you?

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
SA Marcus
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 94 CRM250R
Long shot - guys in South Africa, where are you?

Post by SA Marcus » 31 Jan 2012, 09:42

Hi guys,
I'm looking for members in South Africa (Gauteng mainly?) wanting to get together for a ride now and again? From where I am (near JHB airport, just off Pomona rd) it's straight into the fields / bush and you can literally ride for miles either on tame dirt roads or (more fun) trails through a few river crossings etc. and there are fuel stations around if you know where to find them.
I'm looking to do a long run one Sunday soon, pretty much up to Bronkhorstsruit and would be nice to have a couple of guys join in? Gets a bit boring after a while out on your own, and probably a good idea to ride with other people in case of a breakdown / fall etc (he he).
Hopefully some local CRMer's will read this, I know there aren't that many SA guys out there?!
Interested? PM me or mail me prideparts@gmail.com / Marcus Gartside@gmail.com

Cheers

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Long shot - guys in South Africa, where are you?

Post by fallenmikethebike » 31 Jan 2012, 17:26

I wish :roll: :roll: just Surrey and Hants, have to be a bit mindful of vicious squirrels though, pesky varmits. ;)
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

SA Marcus
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 94 CRM250R

Post by SA Marcus » 31 Jan 2012, 18:21

Not to worry buddy, will post some nice pics when I get out there - really is awesome out there.
Might be a while though, the bike is acting up all of a sudden?? Cut out on me yesterday and took a while to kick back to life, then died again near home so I decided to do a bit of a service. Changed the plug, cleaned the carb etc. Now battling to start her again. Today checked the kill switch & cleaned ALL the electrical connections etc but no go. Tomorrow I'll start from square 1 - check plug for spark etc etc etc - so @#$%ing frustrating!!!!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 31 Jan 2012, 19:43

Check for a regular spark initially.Try with a new cheap plug.
If you have a spark, put about a teaspoon of petrol in the through the spark plug hole, put the plug back in then kick her over, result?
Is the fuel getting through?
Filter in the petrol tank, and tap?
Clean air filter?
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!