Reclaim the Peaks - 24th April

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
rich1960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
Reclaim the Peaks - 24th April

Post by rich1960 » 20 Apr 2012, 19:25

TAKEN FROM THE TBM FORUM...FOR MORE DETAILS/CONTACTS SEE HERE

http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25044

April 24 is the 80th anniversary of the communist-led mass trespass on Kinder Scout in Derbyshire.

Today's trail riders are the persecuted minority in the Peak District Park.

Here's your chance to do something about it:

From the TRF forum

This is the Plan for April 24th.

Please make your own way to the peak District and start off in your groups from where ever you want at what ever time you want and enjoy a wonderful morning of Trail Riding.

REMEMBER WE ARE GUESTS IN THE PEAK DISTRICT and we going to ride legal lanes on Legal Bikes following the TRF Code and the guide lines as given by the Peak Park Authority.

I should like us all to meet for lunch from around 12.30 till 14.00 hrs at the.

FOX House Pub,
Hathersage Road,
Longshaw, Sheffield
S11 7TY.

01433 630374

There is a large car park and the Pub have put aside a little room for us inside.

If you would like some lunch please do not leave it until you arrive. Call the above number and pre book it.

Richard Sugden and I will address the assembly at 13.00 and give instructions for the demonstration to be carried out that afternoon. we would like as many as possible to attend.

After lunch you can continue your trail ride as well as meet up for the demo.

If you are not part of a group and want to link up with other riders then please meet at the same carpark from 8.30 onwards. If anyone is available to lead a group please also assemble there.

Please do not leave your vans and trailers in the Pub car park. there is a pay and display car park a little way away on the rode to Hathersage.

Richard and i will be at the Fox House from 8.00 to 8.30.

Have a great days Riding and campaigning for our right to ride the Peak National Park.

Leaflets will be handed out from the Fox both first thing and at lunchtime and i will try to get them to you before yiou ride but this is going to be difficult. I can email the leaflet to you so you can print a few out on your own printers. TO BE HANDED TO THOSE THAT WANT THEM.....not to be left on car windscreens etc.or posted indiscriminately.

thanks you all very much for you commitment.

Please could you put this post on the other Forums....

Thanks

Pampa

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Reclaim the Peaks - 24th April

Post by fallenmikethebike » 20 Apr 2012, 20:09

:( Saw it, but no can do. :cry:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 20 Apr 2012, 23:46

is this the pub at one end of houndskirk moor ?

cant make it due to work commitments but good luck with the protest

IMO i think a mass trespass up kinder would have been more fun and more effective as this would have been a modern day protest to an 80 year old problem ie access to the peak district for everyone to enjoy

due to the constant tro s in the peak and permanent closures the Gas Gas is up for sale and im off back to the track with a moto x bike

good luck with your fight
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 21 Apr 2012, 08:18

2 replies with the same predictable answer,this is the flaw in the plan..................if we are so legal then ride on a bloody weekend when folk arent at work and trully reclaim the lanes not a week day when most are at work !!typical TRF!lets do something but not upset any fecker seems to be the stance,same as the "ride on a weekday when there are less walkers about" WHY!!?? im legal on legal lanes ,get used to us or walk on footpaths..........rant over

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 21 Apr 2012, 12:04

[quote="garyd"]2 replies with the same predictable answer,this is the flaw in the plan..................if we are so legal then ride on a bloody weekend when folk arent at work and trully reclaim the lanes not a week day when most are at work !!typical TRF!lets do something but not upset any fecker seems to be the stance,same as the "ride on a weekday when there are less walkers about" WHY!!?? im legal on legal lanes ,get used to us or walk on footpaths..........rant over[/quote
+1, BUT, I lose a lot of work time attending local council meetings.It's alright for councillors who are paid, and most of the anti's are all old tw@ts who are retired and have feck all else to do but ruin other peoples entitlements, normally for their own pecuniary gain,[getting a Byway TRO'd does wonders for the house price if it abuts a B.O.A.T.].
The efficacy of the protest is IMO dubious, it will get turned around by the Beeb, et al and used against us[ see "rocking the Boat] for some typical biased twaddle.
The loss of the war is inevitable,winning battles and delaying their agenda is the sadly the only strategy open to such a small but determined band of activist.
When the last Byway is TRO'd,and they have truly had all our rights quashed of course then some may understandably feel that due to the double standards and just plain deception of various ministers and lobbyist that it's now time to take the gloves of, there are surprisingly cheap trail type bikes around that if confiscated are of little financial consequence, 100's of thousands of miles of un-policable R.O.W. waiting to explored risking a small fine in the civil court for those who don't agree with the outcome of numerous biased test cases, just like those Rambliars of yesteryear who also acted illegally to have their rights enshrined in law," quo vadis "--" off to get my own rights mate".
All IMO.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 21 Apr 2012, 17:26

Bang on Mike, it will be a case of "catch me if you can"

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 22 Apr 2012, 08:06

garyd wrote:2 replies with the same predictable answer,this is the flaw in the plan..................if we are so legal then ride on a bloody weekend when folk arent at work and trully reclaim the lanes not a week day when most are at work !!typical TRF!lets do something but not upset any fecker seems to be the stance,same as the "ride on a weekday when there are less walkers about" WHY!!?? im legal on legal lanes ,get used to us or walk on footpaths..........rant over
+2
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface