first day out in over 12 years !

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2
first day out in over 12 years !

Post by jompy » 20 Aug 2012, 16:45

Well it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago & my fiancee as a special treat payed for me to go out for a one on one ride on the 10th with trail rides wales !
What an amazing day !!
I had no clue what was happening all she'd told me was that we were going out on the friday for my treat & it wasn't until Colin pulled up in his van & pulled out a DRZ400 & a WR250 that i finaly twigged .
We were just outside of Aberystwyth & spent the day in the local area , Colin was great & luckily i was straight back into it , like i said i haddn't been greenlaining for atleast 12 years & i thoroughly enjoyed it & the local scenery :0)
now all i have to do is find some cash to get the CRM gearbox & a few other bits sorted out after the bike sitting for 10 years & i'd also like to get her an XR250 ( she only has short legs although she wont admit it lol )
special thanks to Colin from www.trailrides-wales.com

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: first day out in over 12 years !

Post by fallenmikethebike » 20 Aug 2012, 17:11

Well done, glad you had a good day out, it'll be even better once the CRM is running.
Had you thought about getting you're significant other half a Serow, 225, or the CRF 230, both much shorter, both electric boot, but the Yam has a rear disc brake.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3

Post by 644andy » 20 Aug 2012, 17:22

Looks like a good outfit, may well give them a go myself.
Andy
Hanging on for grim death in Hampshire

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 20 Aug 2012, 17:27

:D Marian took me and both my boys out, they were running a fleet of Yamaha Lanzas then.
Mike

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 20 Aug 2012, 18:46

jompy wrote:Well it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago & my fiancee as a special treat payed for me to go out for a one on one ride on the 10th with trail rides wales !
What an amazing day !!
I had no clue what was happening all she'd told me was that we were going out on the friday for my treat & it wasn't until Colin pulled up in his van & pulled out a DRZ400 & a WR250 that i finaly twigged .
We were just outside of Aberystwyth & spent the day in the local area , Colin was great & luckily i was straight back into it , like i said i haddn't been greenlaining for atleast 12 years & i thoroughly enjoyed it & the local scenery :0)
now all i have to do is find some cash to get the CRM gearbox & a few other bits sorted out after the bike sitting for 10 years & i'd also like to get her an XR250 ( she only has short legs although she wont admit it lol )
special thanks to Colin from http://www.trailrides-wales.com
Try a CRF 230, very low seat height, electric start and Honda reliability, perfect for a novice and someone vitically challenged
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 20 Aug 2012, 21:35

Cheer's mike & tony i'll look into them , not buying for a while as i'm skint but always nice to do homework & check out prices :0)
644andy , they weren't cheep but then it was just colin & me for the day & he brought everything with him from helmet, boot, body armor to bike's & fuel , he's also very good with his tuition !
Mike i never met marian but if she's as good as colin i'll bet you had a blast & your right i can't wait till i get the CRM sorted i loved that bike , i've already had a play on it in the back garden ;0)

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 21 Aug 2012, 04:51

Hi Jompy, I think you need to keep the price in context with these things, doing a trackday on a road bike is £200 by the time you take into account fuel, tyres etc and can easily end up a lot more. I just had three days with torotrails just outside Malaga including 4 nights accommodation for £399, a lot of dosh and not something i can do all the time but for instruction/guide use of bikes, use of kit, fuel and food out on the trail I think it's good value. I'm planning to go again, three days of fantastic trails :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.torotrail.co.uk

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 21 Aug 2012, 11:24

looks to be a decent setup and the prices arent too bad either
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 21 Aug 2012, 16:28

[quote="644andy"]Hi Jompy, I think you need to keep the price in context with these things, doing a trackday on a road bike is £200 by the time you take into account fuel, tyres etc and can easily end up a lot more. I just had three days with torotrails just outside Malaga including 4 nights accommodation for £399, a lot of dosh and not something i can do all the time but for instruction/guide use of bikes, use of kit, fuel and food out on the trail I think it's good value. I'm planning to go again, three days of fantastic trails :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[url]http://www.torotrail.co.uk[/url][/quote]

I'm with you on that andy , like you say you get alot for your money it's just that £195 is alot of money for a day but it was well worth it especaly as i didnt pay lol
going to have a look at your link as £399 for 3 days riding & 4 nights accommodation looks value for money , how much did you get the flights for ?

Mike & Tony i'm taking a look at the xt 255 & crf230 . as always i'm on a budget would like a uk bike & all the other stuff . . . . . . . . i guess like most i dont want much lol

both look like good little trail bikes , i'm going to keep looking & see what i come up with , thanks both for the ideas

jompy
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:

Post by jompy » 21 Aug 2012, 17:03

Just looked at the toro trail link & WoW

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 21 Aug 2012, 17:06

There are more economical bikes as well, but from lesser known brands, so longevity will be more suspect.
The DT 230 Lanza, although long in the tooth now was a good low height 2T mount, BUT it also had the magic boot button.
There's also the TW with balloon tyres.
Mike

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 21 Aug 2012, 19:59

Flights to Malaga depend on where from & what time you fly, easy jet, fly be etc can be easily checked online, I'm looking to get out there again maybe November time but probably early next year, maybe March if anyone's interested. Lyndon, the boss, assesses your riding all the time and varies the route accordingly, we had a group of 7 from novice to very good and Lyndon mixed it up so the good guys didn't get bored and the novice wasn't out of his depth, pretty clever trick!! Cheers, Andy
Take a look at Graham Jarvis playing around out there;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qzh6YBW1Q
:OMG