Peak district pressure continued

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc
Peak district pressure continued

Post by back off road » 29 Aug 2012, 18:28

Thank you to all those that turned out on Sunday. It was quite a sight 150 bikes at Stannage pole and then the mass decent. Good show!

After Sundays success we need to keep up the pressure on the PDNPA and the attached email between Rod Jackson, Myself and Pete Burke is clearly a good way to move forward. Please go to your respective organisations and suggest to them that you adopt a town in the Peaks and subject it to similar treatment. If every group that ride the Peaks all adopt a town to start from we would cover the area easily. Those groups from further away could band together and work a rota.

Everytime you ride in the area, ride at 25 mph slowing down the traffic on the main roads between your lanes. Drop off some leaflets. Wear hi Viz jackets with the Slogan Green lanes for Everyone, or Trailriders have Rights too written on the back so the people you are holding up know why.

This is serious business Chaps.....so time it is to roll up your sleeves and do it. If we loose the Peak National park then your park might be next........Wales, Exmoor, South Downs........

The West Yorkshire TRF targeted Edale car park on the demo, and we were delighted with the congestion in the car park and queue's behind us on the roads.

As a consequense of this, I am inclined to sugest to WYTRF members that we ride the Peaks National Park every Sunday we can, and take up as many parking spaces we can [at Edale] with the vehicles used to transport the bikes down and also stick to 25mph on tarmack roads between lanes.

The intetion is still to hand out leaflets and spend an hour talking to people, maybe even have a poster made inviting disgruntled members of the public to complain to the National Park Authority.
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: Peak district pressure continued

Post by knackeredMk1 » 29 Aug 2012, 18:41

This has to be done clearly under the expressed banner of protesting so that everyone effected knows. Otherwise all this 'blocking' people off is going to raise hackles even amongst people who were not opposed to trail riding and lead to futher misinformation about 'bikers blocking up car parks and roads'

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 29 Aug 2012, 19:32

this is been done to raise awareness of the plight of the motorcyclist and show what effect it will have if the PDNPA get their way and close all of the green lanes to motorised vehicles , it is been backed up by alot of media publicity and also talking to people affected by the actions legally carried out , also the TRF had a stall at the bank holiday Hope Valley show to try and get the point over in an organised manner .

It seems the TRF are finally growing some balls ( in my opinion ) and taking the fight to them rather than waiting for the legal team to contest it in court when half of the time its too late

If this does bring results i may even join up

Until then i will give my support to these protests as a motorcyclist who wants the choice where i ride and not as a club member because everyone else is

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 29 Aug 2012, 20:08

I am not arguing against the case for protesting. I just believe that the protesting needs to be very well sign posted as to what it is they/you/we are protesting about otherwise it will basically just piss people off.

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 29 Aug 2012, 21:51

I know what your sayin knd.

I went on a mag demo years ago, but no-one really knew what it was about so it kinda back fired, just made car drivers hate us more.

Sounds like back offs is properly organised though, and is gettin the point across.

Nice work dude :BB

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 29 Aug 2012, 21:54

there will be an article published in the sheffield star tomorrow about the event so will add the link when its available ;)

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 29 Aug 2012, 22:00

heres the link before last sundays demo ride

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/gree ... -1-4868999

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 29 Aug 2012, 22:09

:o Blimey a balanced non judgemental report about trail bikes :!: :!: :!:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 29 Aug 2012, 22:29

we get a fair hearing from them i think someone on the staff must be a bike rider :o

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 30 Aug 2012, 23:48

link to sundays protest coverage in the local press :D

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-4880367

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 31 Aug 2012, 14:42

Click the link, scroll to the bottom and cast a vote, youn know which way.
No mention of dirty smelly thundering great steam engines that make bobbles of a certain age go all gooey eyed and weak kneed :roll: :roll: .
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 01 Sep 2012, 07:28

Yeah im with Steve on this ,it pissed me off when the lorry clowns blocked motorways ,i couldnt go about my business,this is going to do you no favours in the end only to confirm what the antis are saying ,that were all ignorant ,go wherever morons,good luck but it will end in a scuffle or tears.Put yourself in the queue behind this protest ,itsThe TRF have been pussywhipped too long i have no faith in them at all,ill ride as i always have done nowt to do with you but your day is being shafted??l