More peak distric protests

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: More peak distric protests

Post by fallenmikethebike » 04 Oct 2012, 15:07

In this game, numbers matter, if the only objection letter comes from a vested interest organisation, it's ignored or classed as a single objection.
We know this because we lost a stunning river crossing in Hampshire due to a mix up there was only 2 objections, one being the TRF.
It is unfortunatly the case that we have to suffer for our art, as it were.
It takes but a couple of minutes to cut and paste an objection letter to bespoke it as an individuals objection.
It can be this simple, as a legal and responsible Trail Bike Rider I would like to object to the proposed closures of Byways in the Peaks Parks, there job done.
Always nice to engross the point, but not strictly required .Another point on the anti closure list.
I don't expect to win every battle, but if you don't even bother lifting up your sword, you will lose every time, no one else will fight on our behalf, we do not have rich backers, like some.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk3

Post by garyd » 04 Oct 2012, 16:47

We dont hear of the antis having a "mix-up" we are renowned for them,enthusiastic is great ,incompetant is not

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 04 Oct 2012, 18:01

garyd wrote:We dont hear of the antis having a "mix-up" we are renowned for them,enthusiastic is great ,incompetant is not
Really, well if you read the small print of their [GL£AM] claims prior to NERCa, they thought they had captured all the "White roads and UCRs as well RUPPS, and were mad enough to eat their young when they found out this was not the case on that occasion.
Or when consolidated effort by many saved the complex of lanes around Stonehenge.
For a small mostly volunteer force the TRF punch well above their collective weight.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by garyd » 04 Oct 2012, 22:45

Mike im with you all the way but you are outnumbered and out witted,just look how many on this one site alone havent even responded to your call to arms?? where are they all ?,not even on ride outs most of em!good luck and ill remind you ill be riding long after youve all sold up or think back on the times you had riding this lane n that lane,cause out on my own ill be invisible

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 04 Oct 2012, 23:29

garyd wrote:Mike im with you all the way but you are outnumbered and out witted,just look how many on this one site alone havent even responded to your call to arms?? where are they all ?,not even on ride outs most of em!good luck and ill remind you ill be riding long after youve all sold up or think back on the times you had riding this lane n that lane,cause out on my own ill be invisible
or a sitting duck
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

garyd
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by garyd » 05 Oct 2012, 08:58

Yes Trev,there is that

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:

Post by Eddie Evans » 05 Oct 2012, 18:56

If people do nothing else just send a quick e mail to the consultation on Long Causaway and Roych as listed in the copy and paste below.
As Mike says numbers count in this type of thing.
Some time ago the Isle Of Man had a web poll on vehicle rights. There was a huge majority for maintaining Vehicle rights.
Only 12 people objected to lanes being closed in the Yorkshire dales, 42 people wrote in favor of closing them. It should have been so easy to have a resounding no to the closure but .....
instead some insist that the TRF (which I now believe stands for Some Other C+nt) should do something.

AVE THE BEST LANES IN THE PEAK DISTRICT FOR ALL TO USE

The Trail Riders Fellowship is asking countryside lovers, riders and drivers to protest against plans by the Peak District National Park Authority to close 25 of the finest old roads in the Peak District to motor vehicles for ever.
A consultation has opened on the first two routes, Long Causeway (a vehicular route between Redmires and Hathersage) and the Roych, an ancient road which is misleadingly described by the PDNPA as being part of the Pennine Bridleway for use by horse riders, walkers and cyclists, when it is in fact a route with acknowledged full vehicular rights.
We need all motorcyclists and 4x4 drivers to take part in the consultation, no matter what part of the world they come from. Just email a few simple comments to the PDNPA before 2 November 2012 to:
Both long.causeway@peakdistrict.gov.uk and roych@peakdistrict.gov.uk

For maximum effectiveness please keep your comments brief but please include the following: "The action by the Peak District National Park Authority to attempt to manage legal recreational vehicle use by closing rights of way and unsealed lanes is highly discriminatory to one minority group of users and visitors. This is directly against the Park’s own strategy of welcoming all users to enjoy diverse recreational activities."
You could also question whether spending, as they plan £100,000 on banning us is sensible, or whether the cash could be better invested in maintaining the routes for all to use. The National Park spends a fortune repairing paths that have been worn out by walkers.
Remember that hundreds of trail riders gave up their bank holiday to protest against this: an action that was widely reported in the media. Now it’s your turn to show your support, so please take a few minutes to send an email.
You can find out more about the NPA’s plans at http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3

Post by 644andy » 05 Oct 2012, 19:41

garyd wrote:Mike im with you all the way but you are outnumbered and out witted,just look how many on this one site alone havent even responded to your call to arms?? where are they all ?,not even on ride outs most of em!good luck and ill remind you ill be riding long after youve all sold up or think back on the times you had riding this lane n that lane,cause out on my own ill be invisible
I'm down South working hard most weekends and would be there if i could. We've got the New Forest National Park down here and they're doing their best to ruin that, mountain biking on marked trails only, dogs on leads due to nesting birds, 40mph blanket speed limit that catches more locals than tourists, don't even think about trail riding - or enjoying yourself.
Good luck to anyone that goes, I hope you're successful.
Andy
Hanging on for grim death in Hampshire

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 06 Oct 2012, 03:10

Eddie Evans wrote:If people do nothing else just send a quick e mail to the consultation on Long Causaway and Roych as listed in the copy and paste below.
/
ok done.
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong