A nice Chrimbo ride through Wales

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: A nice Chrimbo ride through Wales

Post by fallenmikethebike » 29 Dec 2012, 13:20

2Smoke wrote:It was mate, waterproof socks are possibly the best £30 I've ever spent! Didn't quite last the 8 hours of riding though...

Have got a Go Pro for chrimbo, so will hopefully have some nice footage next time we go, although it will probably contain lots of swearing, falling off, and heavy breathing!

That sounds familiar :D :D .
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

2Smoke
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by 2Smoke » 29 Dec 2012, 13:35

Got a little clip here from one of the harder bits, Steve had to ride the other guy's bike up as it was pretty solid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hngSAjmu8Q

reevo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reevo » 06 Jan 2013, 21:56

will keep an eye on this thread if you dont mind, i have a caravan in towyn and normally take the road bike, but would love to do some off road up that way.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 07 Jan 2013, 21:57

reevo wrote:will keep an eye on this thread if you dont mind, i have a caravan in towyn and normally take the road bike, but would love to do some off road up that way.
me too, rallys permitting
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

andrew19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 250 MK3

Post by andrew19 » 08 Jan 2013, 21:28

Great photos. Weather looked so wet that there were no walkers! Were the waterproof socks Seal Skinz?

2Smoke
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by 2Smoke » 17 Jan 2013, 18:05

[quote="andrew19"]Great photos. Weather looked so wet that there were no walkers! Were the waterproof socks Seal Skinz?[/quote]

The walkers can be great sometimes, we came across a group of early-20 something girls that looked like the cast of Hollyoaks, they held the gates open for us and seemed very excited at the bikes :D

The socks are indeed Seal Skinz, well worth the money but mine are starting to fail now so need a replacement!

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 18 Jan 2013, 19:22

2Smoke wrote:
andrew19 wrote:Great photos. Weather looked so wet that there were no walkers! Were the waterproof socks Seal Skinz?
The walkers can be great sometimes, we came across a group of early-20 something girls that looked like the cast of Hollyoaks, they held the gates open for us and seemed very excited at the bikes :D

The socks are indeed Seal Skinz, well worth the money but mine are starting to fail now so need a replacement!
Or was it they thought you were a handsome beast and fine specimen? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

2Smoke
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by 2Smoke » 25 Jan 2013, 11:59

[quote="Mudfacetony"][quote="2Smoke"][quote="andrew19"]Great photos. Weather looked so wet that there were no walkers! Were the waterproof socks Seal Skinz?[/quote]

The socks are indeed Seal Skinz, well worth the money but mine are starting to fail now so need a replacement![/quote]

Or was it they thought you were a handsome beast and fine specimen? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Mwahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

No. :(

Going again this weekend if anyone fancies joining us?

xander77
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by xander77 » 26 Jan 2013, 22:11

Hi that looks like a top route? if I click the link I get Google maps but no route? send me that route some of those lanes look good! I can swap North Wales routes?

2Smoke
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by 2Smoke » 28 Jan 2013, 17:53

[quote="xander77"]Hi that looks like a top route? if I click the link I get Google maps but no route? send me that route some of those lanes look good! I can swap North Wales routes?[/quote]

Sorry mate, something went wrong with the mapping. I have the one of yesterdays run though, will stick it on my pc when I can!

2Smoke
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by 2Smoke » 30 Jan 2013, 20:27

Got a couple of clips from last weekend, all available in HD! 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrUjl1jMqnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7JKaczEvZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T9fs3gEmEk

Let me know what you think!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 12 Feb 2013, 02:07

looks cool!

and cold too! 8-)
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong