Bagshot, Surrey 31st Aug/1st Sept.

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3
Bagshot, Surrey 31st Aug/1st Sept.

Post by 644andy » 18 Aug 2013, 20:49

The BLORC are doing another 2 day practice session at Bagshot if anyone's interested, £40 a day, 9 - 5 ish, so works out only £8 an hour ;) A rare opportunity for us Southerners to ride some interesting terrain legally without the pressure of competition, they'll even do some basic instruction if you ask nicely. Bike doesn't need to be road legal, just safe.
CCM will be doing some test rides of their new adventure bike if anyone's looking for a new toy.
I'm booked for the Sunday.
Would be good to meet some CRM'ers there.
Andy
Hanging on for grim death in Hampshire

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Bagshot, Surrey 31st Aug/1st Sept.

Post by fallenmikethebike » 18 Aug 2013, 22:38

Tempting, 5 miles away as the crow flies. TBO, I have ridden a huge amount there over the years, trials, three stage trials, but they generally put a good loop together.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 21 Aug 2013, 19:14

Hi Mike, i guess you can ride an area to death, thats why I'm always looking for somewhere new to have some fun, if i stick to the same old trails over Salisbury Plain I'd get bored with 'em.
John and the BLORC lads put on a pretty good day for the money.
1. - Alpine course - gravel tracks sweeping up and down, good for practising drifting/sliding, just don't follow someone too closely.
2. - Enduro loop - the CRM's great here, lots of single track through the woods, some good climbs and descents too.
3. - Free ride area - the bit in the middle, couple of jumps to play on and some trails, good for practising stuff like ditch crossing.
I've heard criticism from folk about course marking, and I've fallen victim to it myself, though when i've been shown it it makes sense, though it's not really a problem as its not a competitive day. Another thing is where the enduro loop and the alpine trail cross, I take the view that my safety is my responsibility so slow down a bit and make sure I'm not about to meet someone. Noise is becoming a problem for the organisers, some of the 4T KTM's etc seem to be thinking the louder it is the faster it is but not an issue for the CRM.
The whole day is relaxed for me & my pals, 30 minute to 1hr sessions, with tea breaks in between to get our breath back and take the p*ss out of each other. Start when you want, go home when you've had enough.
Hope to see some of you there, drop in for a burger from the chuck wagon if nothing else, I'll be on the red CRM most likely.
Cheers,
Andy

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 27 Aug 2013, 05:27

Just had "the regs" through from the BLORC, which is a first, it looks like there are problems with noise, now machines must be road legal & no LOUD pipes, so the MX boys won't be allowed to play.
Cheers,
Andy

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 27 Aug 2013, 19:18

I think I'm out in my new kayak this weekend. If you ever thought riding a trail bike along legal Byways was fraught with issues :roll: try paddling inland waterways, where it seems the landed gentry have a right to erect booby traps in the watercourse bed, i.e., bl@@dy scaffold poles driven in all the way across the stream, and left 100mm BELOW, the water surface, just at the right height to take the bottom out of your craft :shock: same cnuts who want to stop up our legal rights to Byways. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!