Bullet HD - missed the Boar!!

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3
Bullet HD - missed the Boar!!

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 09:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrBqA9s ... e=youtu.be

shot that today - incredibly disappointed - cos there was a massive boar later on in my loop - it was real close and scarpered!

so sorry Mike - the Bullet HD let us down and I didnt get to show the monster Boar... or the rest of the lap

u can have a look anyway...
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Bullet HD - missed the Boar!!

Post by fallenmikethebike » 06 Jan 2014, 17:28

I keep expecting a Panda to abseil into camera shot hanging onto a vine stem :shock: .
You want a GAS GAS Pampera for that type of going.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 18:42

I'm gonna get that bloody boar on camera - jus u wait! the spiders are hibernating.. so nothin goin on there.. or they got bored of me runnin thru their webs an slung their hooks!

this is what the chinese lads got up to recently - I stopped goin out there- cos its an hour each way for me to get.. an u spend most the time pushin your bike... and its beyond technical... mind u every one seems to ride with their feet down at every opportunity.

( 8 mins on u will see what I mean... )
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link ... im1jll0bWA

never heard of the pampera - but looking at some of these trails it sounds handy out there - ( is it elasticatd too :D sorry! )
( and 450 4 stroke - should chug along nicely... I dont really use much more than the low mid ont eh CRM .. if it hits the high band then It means I am facing the sky or got the bike on top of me.. )

how much would one cost? havent seen out here...
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 18:43

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 18:56

250 2t sounds awesome,, only 99kg as well...

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 06 Jan 2014, 19:40

AND, just like CRM's the one to have is the MK3 ;) :lol: :lol: .
A couple of years ago you could scoop these up for under £1k, now :shock: :shock: .
A friend of mine got one to " cheat" a little in the trail bike class of long distance trials, which we were doing a lot of years ago, his was unfortunately a washed out red colour[ think pink] It was of course mercilessly the target of much piff taking, and even adorned with pink streamers, pink bell, and a pink kiddies windmill, also a set of stabilisers were added while it sat on the start line of an event, us knowing he would go for his customary " dump" before the off :D :D Mates :!: :!: :?:
Mike

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 06 Jan 2014, 19:52

hah - sounds right up my street - I can do some proper MotoCross dressin at last :D

shame u broke that camera!

the issue prob gonna be gettin it past emissions regulations on import here.. its ok if its over 20 years old cos they exempt... even better if I own it for 6 months in the uk first.

back in reality - I suspect I am goin to be riding the CRM for quite some time!!! actually I am gettin a bit better on it,,, the only problems is consistency.. think I need to service it! air filters are due - oil is due- clutch is past it. kick start is hangin off and the bash plate too... i might have to bite the bullet and pay some one to help me do it. cos time is a bit scarce at the minute.. ( cash isnt entirely unlimited either unfortunately :( )

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 06 Jan 2014, 22:39

Bit off topic, but fishy rides in the woods a lot, well, kinda woods. Bamboo woods :D

Are you allowed to ride in public woods in Britain? There are many local to me. I know some motocross guys who ride in the woods, but dont know if theyre actually breaking the law or not.

If i fight the law, the law will win :shock:

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 07 Jan 2014, 03:51

technically it is illegal to ride anywhere offroad in HK fullstop!

having said that -they turn blind eye to it...

it was interesting to ride around the PLA shooting range.. ( trespassers could be hot? haha) I went by myself - and coming over a hill crest met an entire platoon of PLA soldiers - they all stopped an saluted me as I passed them... i think they liked my eyes?

Not sure about the UK... probably illegal to breathe these days?

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 07 Jan 2014, 17:09

twistednuts wrote:Bit off topic, but fishy rides in the woods a lot, well, kinda woods. Bamboo woods :D

Are you allowed to ride in public woods in Britain? There are many local to me. I know some motocross guys who ride in the woods, but dont know if theyre actually breaking the law or not.

If i fight the law, the law will win :shock:
Absolutely not, unless you have the permission of the land owner.
It will be a section 59 issued against your bike, any second booking and you have to buy the bike back off the authorities :twisted: .
The specific charge is the use of a vehicle on land other than a designated highway.
The to55ers on crossers, give us all a bad name, but just don't care about the repercussions of their actions, generally of course having no number plate their able to scarper, but increasingly in this area the plod have got organised and are ready and waiting at crossers vans with some cameras and a van of their own to cart the bikes away, bless, that brings a tear to their eyes, even after they have been previously told what fate awaits them,
Just don't risk it mate, it's not worth the hassle.
Mike

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 07 Jan 2014, 18:29

Nah, i wouldnt risk that.

Theres a local enduro track where you can ride the woods - £25 a pop which is cheaper than buying another bike.
Theyre all good riders though, ive been once an made a cock of meself :D

Will be goin again, but this time i'll be prepared 8-)

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 07 Jan 2014, 18:53

I wouldn't worry to much about how you think you might look, at least you're out there giving it go.
Most riders are only to willing to lend a sympathetic ear and offer constructive advice.
The more you practice the easier it will get. Slow speed balance is also a skill well worth learning, for trials like sections out on the trails.
Mike

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 07 Jan 2014, 19:38

I downloaded part 1 n 2 of shane watts dirtwise - couldnt get 3 and 4 so I bought the Box set of all 4 - money well spent I think!

it got me practicin that slow speed stuff. also doin crazy stuff like trying to ride slow with the front wheel brake locked- really inspired confidence. cos it teaches u to let release the front back if it looks pear shaped..

grinding was another one - and i caught my self doin on the trails a few times-

I wished there were some more tracks near me - i'd prob be ok to blow 25 quid once in a while if the course was good.. I'd totally be the one wipin out an crashin into stuff 2 :)

my problem is stamina - I have to keep stopping every 15 mins cos I'm knackered! after 3 laps I find I make more an more mistakes... wished there were more straight bits! :D

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 07 Jan 2014, 22:12

Are you riding to tense ?, Try to relax your shoulders and grip, this helps stop the lactic acid building up in the muscles giving the dreaded arm pump.
Mike

Active Rascal
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR

Post by Active Rascal » 08 Jan 2014, 16:41

Nice video, track looks good!! I have the Bullet HD pro2, and it just decides to 'turn off' whilst filming, not worked out what it was. I contacted them a while ago, and they told me to download a different software, which I did and it still hasn't solved this. It's more so after several films, as if the battery just dies, but it's not dead, and should last a lot longer.