The Vince

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
The Vince

Post by fallenmikethebike » 29 Jun 2014, 12:54

Yep, me and the eldest are of in a couple of weeks to have a crack at this event.
http://www.austinvince.com/the-vince
My eyes are on stalks at the moment from map studying. There's more there to ride than you shake a stick at.
Unfortunately not really the sort of event for "Lil" so it's the TTR 600, with the huge comfy saddle, and electric boot, and 23ltr of fuel on board, that should get me through day 1.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: The Vince

Post by gregorious77 » 14 Aug 2016, 20:09

Bloke sounds a total fruit loop! be good though but remember "you could die" ha ha

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 15 Aug 2016, 17:48

We did not get on :roll: , one of the clues was the tag was "on a tree", trouble was it was in a hedgerow of a thousand other trees :( We did find it eventually, after half an hour. But when queried about effectiveness of the clue offered, he immediately took um-bridge, even though most people did NOT find the "obvious " tag.
You could do the event on CRM but something with leccy boot would be better, as you end up stopping hundreds of times a day, map reading, and looking for tags. You need a team of you really, and a team who all want to share in the work load, it's fecking hard work for one to all the map reading for a couple of days in foreign lands.
Mike

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 17 Aug 2016, 20:29

the tags are small copper plates too I see. sounds hard and a bit strange. Think I would get disqualified as I would usemy Montana 600 lol

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 17 Aug 2016, 22:35

That is deemed as "not in the spirit of the event " . The riding terrain is second to nothing though.

Mike