the dirty weekend

Off on a rideout ? or know of a good place to ride ? then let us all know here.
nicko
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3
the dirty weekend

Post by nicko » 28 May 2015, 12:49

with rich1960 saying it's quiet on the forum thought i'd best post summat.

I went to these guys' http://www.the-dirty-weekend.co.uk/ event at Butts Quarry in Ashover, Derbyshire last month. First time with these peoples & first time at the quarry (i've fancied riding there for a while, it's only 20mins from home) & it was brilliant fun.

They had two tracks marked out 'enduro' and 'motocross'. I have ridden hare & hounds enduros with rideoffroaduk & the enduro track was less tricky than those, with some rocky bits, optional truck tyres, some single track through woods and steep slippery decents, quite a good physical work out for me.

I enjoyed the motocross one most 'cos i've not really ridden stuff like that before with jumps & bends to drift round, I only got up to 30mph. A real friendly bunch of people just out to have fun on their bikes & i enjoyed not having frustrated competitors behind me knocking me off etc. Most people were quicker than me but it was all relaxed & cool. Hightly recommended at £30 for the whole day (10am-4pm). I'm going to their next event on 21st June at ashby moto parc (LE65 1SD) to see what it's like there too - if you're there i've got a Mk3 with 507 on it.
CRM Mk3, billet clutch basket

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: the dirty weekend

Post by gregorious77 » 01 Jun 2015, 16:15

We have a track with endure areas local to me too. Its £15 for the day and quite good fun.
Elite Enduro