Tea To Dusk- Final round

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
Chippy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Tea To Dusk- Final round

Post by Chippy » 13 Aug 2007, 15:26

Wednesday evening ( 15th ) Bagshot, final round of the three round series. BAFMA/Normandy are running this and have been excellent ,both with the marshalls and course set up.
Just oiled the chain and filled up with petrol as in the previous rounds.

Anyone else from here going ?

mickstoy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mickstoy » 13 Aug 2007, 15:36

bit far for me mate but good luck ( i take it your riding) let us know how you get on and see if you can get some photos up
91 mk2

Chippy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Tea to Dusk

Post by Chippy » 16 Aug 2007, 10:10

Well it was wet, it rained from the start off and pretty much all the way through ,even to unloading the trailer at 9.30. Again another great course about 7km long laid out by the clubs/people involved using new trails/tracks over unused land. There were some difficult sections for the experts/fast clubmen with an easier route for the others, the only time a tried an easier route I got stuck !! Some top boys Ady Smith, Mick Extance , James Jackman were flying round and passed me with ease. The bike was going ok till the temperature light came on about 15 mins before the end , had to stop and assess if any damage or just too damm hot, although the rads were not covered in mud ,you could have cooked a meal on the engine/rads etc. Must just have been all the hills/mud and revving the engine was getting to enable me to get keep going. I was just about to pack it in when the marshall said your over 3/4 round see if you can make it. Well after a good 10 mins break and starting bike the temp light had gone out so I completed the course for a finish ,was more like only half way round actually in the end. Wait and see now for the results...

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 16 Aug 2007, 14:40

Well done Chippy 8) My MK2 has overheated a couple of time's, but only on the tight nadgery stuff when the bike was hardly moving and being rev'd quite hard. As you did, i left it cool down for 5-10mins, and got going again, as quick i could possibly go to get some cool air through the rads.
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 Aug 2007, 15:45

On the subject of overheating - Has anyone done or know of a fan adaptation for the radiators?

Jonorow
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Jonorow » 16 Aug 2007, 16:55

I did speak to a guy who fitted a computer fan to his AR as he did long distance trials, but he said the loom had been chopped about and cant remember where he connected it.
I have been thinking about it and there are two ways, either connect it direct from the output on the regulator with a switch, or in sieries to the temp sender so it will come on whith the warning light but i think you will need to check the resistor for the LED then so it will work correcly. Jon
98 (94) CRM250 MK3
96 ST1100PT
99 NT650V Deauville (Gone to roads new)
http://www.rymcc.co.uk

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:

Post by slider » 17 Aug 2007, 06:46

nice one chippy,glad you enjoyed your day 8)

jon i dont think the temp sender route would work,tried it on a turbo'd mini project i built and it just kept destroying the sender unit(they dont take too much current.demon tweeks do an adjustable temp sensor/fan switch but that has to run a seperate relay for the current handling,but its quite big and bulky.probably easier to fit a manual switch to the bars with a fused supply tapped in from the outbound supply off the ignition switch just to use when in constant nadgery stuff.