Greymare Hare and hound, lostwithiel, cornwall 28th febuary

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
tomh
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Greymare Hare and hound, lostwithiel, cornwall 28th febuary

Post by tomh » 03 Jan 2008, 14:44

I have decided that i am going to enter this as my first ever hare and hound on the crm, i know its a good few weeks off but it will give me time to sort out my acu license etc.
With regards to the form what license do i need for hare and hounds, does it come under enduro or mx so what do i tick?
Any tips for kit and prepping the bike?

Chippy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Greymare Hare and hound, lostwithiel, cornwall 28th febuary

Post by Chippy » 03 Jan 2008, 17:27

You need to tick the enduro national and also MX and Beach cross National junior boxes on the ACU application form with Enduro being your principal activity still pay £43 , you also need to become a member of an ACU club for them to sign/stamp your form along with a photo , you may need to get a Doctors authorisation if you say yes to any of the categories listed under Medical information
If you intend to do more than four events it worth doing ,otherwise a day licence can be obtained ( about a tenner ) for each event.
MK3 SuperMoto (now sadly sold 04/08 )
MK2.2

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 03 Jan 2008, 17:41

tomh wrote:I have decided that i am going to enter this as my first ever hare and hound on the crm, i know its a good few weeks off but it will give me time to sort out my acu license etc.
With regards to the form what license do i need for hare and hounds, does it come under enduro or mx so what do i tick?
Any tips for kit and prepping the bike?
Here you go Tom......................

http://www.enduronews.com/tips.htm
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

tomh
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by tomh » 03 Jan 2008, 23:28

Thanks, that was helpful.
With regards to the bike, im currently running 13 teeth on my front sprocket and 45 on the rear which is pretty low, should i go up on the front sprocket for h&h?

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 04 Jan 2008, 08:49

tomh wrote:Thanks, that was helpful.
With regards to the bike, im currently running 13 teeth on my front sprocket and 45 on the rear which is pretty low, should i go up on the front sprocket for h&h?
It all depends what terrain you are riding Tom. For H&H i would stick with 13/45, but for Rally's with a lot of open going and fast fire roads i would probably run 14/45 :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

tomh
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by tomh » 04 Jan 2008, 09:04

Thanks for that advice, i will leave it at 13 45 for this event and see how i get on

kernow krusty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kernow krusty » 02 Feb 2008, 20:31

Hi Tom,
quite a few years back I used to ride nearly all the south west enduros and H & H's. Im guessing this is a Camel vale event. H and H is a great way to try off road racing, as you can basically ride your own race. No check times to worry about, just ride as much or little as you want. They used to be 3 hour events, so as a first time, Id aim for a finish and see how you do after that! Im afraid to say its gonna be muddy, slippery and pretty tough! not many fire breaks and forestry tracks down this way! Best place to spend your money is tyres.. if its trail tyres on the back ( always used to be), Id recommend a Pirelli MT43. Definitely fit a new one, fit a HD tube and run it at about 12-14 psi, that was the ticket on my Husky WR400 back then. (at least 1 rim lock too!). A good soft/medium compound front knobbly will help loads too. Your gearing sounds fine. Just make sure the bike runs well, clean air filter, properly adjusted chain, some pads left. Oh, you'll probably fail scrutineering if youve got a broken clutch or brake lever (ball end missing). Are they on transponders or good old fashioned lap counting folks? If its lap counters, make sure youve got the right colour backgrounds for the class youve entered..sports men are different to clubmen. Sidepanels are always yellow..with black numbers, just front backgrounds are different. I think I'll try to get along to watch!
good luck!
I phoned the Ramblers today, but the bloke on the phone just went on and on....

kernow krusty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kernow krusty » 02 Feb 2008, 20:36

Ive just had a look at the regs...yep, an MT43 is what you are gonna need. And I see for 2008 its same colour backgrounds all round...Gimme a shout if you think i can help with anything else..damn, I might even fancy coming along as pit crew!
Regards
I phoned the Ramblers today, but the bloke on the phone just went on and on....

tomh
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by tomh » 27 Feb 2008, 10:06

I havent checked here for a while as i havent been online as much as i used to be.

I did the greymare event, what a race. It was far tougher than i expected and i retired half way through after knocking myself stupid after a failed attempt at 'flying' without the bike. It was a real eye opener but very enjoyable. The course was comparable to racing a trials course and very technical.

I did my first hare and hounds a week before at radnor redruth which was far more open and fast which i really enjoyed.

Did anyone from here watch either?

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 27 Feb 2008, 10:40

tomh wrote:I havent checked here for a while as i havent been online as much as i used to be.

I did the greymare event, what a race. It was far tougher than i expected and i retired half way through after knocking myself stupid after a failed attempt at 'flying' without the bike. It was a real eye opener but very enjoyable. The course was comparable to racing a trials course and very technical.

I did my first hare and hounds a week before at radnor redruth which was far more open and fast which i really enjoyed.

Did anyone from here watch either?
Not me, but i'm glad your having fun out there :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2