MCC Lands End LDT - 21st/22nd March

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
kernow krusty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
MCC Lands End LDT - 21st/22nd March

Post by kernow krusty » 09 Mar 2008, 20:38

Ok chaps, anyone having a bash at this years Lands End? If so, I'll be marshalling on Darracott in deepest Devon, first bike about 5am! The famous Holsworthy Motor Club Land Rover barbecue/grill will be open, so if you give me warning, theres a hot cuppa available! possible even a bacon sarnie... :)
I phoned the Ramblers today, but the bloke on the phone just went on and on....

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: MCC Lands End LDT - 21st/22nd March

Post by fallenmikethebike » 10 Mar 2008, 18:06

kernow krusty wrote:Ok chaps, anyone having a bash at this years Lands End? If so, I'll be marshalling on Darracott in deepest Devon, first bike about 5am! The famous Holsworthy Motor Club Land Rover barbecue/grill will be open, so if you give me warning, theres a hot cuppa available! possible even a bacon sarnie... :)
Unfortunately getting geared up for the Wyegate 2 dayer the following week :( but might put that on my todo list for next year.
Is the MK2 project bearing fruit yet?
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

trebor-trix
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by trebor-trix » 10 Mar 2008, 19:57

i nearly bought a CRM AR off someone last year, who does a lot of these long distance trials, he'd bought the CRM to use whilst his normal steed was being refurbed? or finished.

his other bike was an absolute stunner, and i've never seen another either before or since

a classic Laverda twin shock trials bike.
~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

trebor-trix
no bike yet but looking
\"if it aint broke-don't try and fix it\"

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

kernow krusty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kernow krusty » 10 Mar 2008, 20:38

Yep..just ordered a few bits from ORO to help with maintenence ( flywheel puller etc). Hoping to MOT in the next 7 days.

Just to warn you guys, the MCC trials fill up very quickly, and really you need to join the MCC now to have a chance to get an entry in for any of their 3 main LDTs (Exeter - 1st weekend in Jan, Lands End - Easter, or the Edinburgh, run in Derbyshire - early October).
They all involve 'overnighting' and are a true test of man and machine! (and Goretex, Cordura, etc!).
Theres something slightly humbling in pulling up to Darracott at 5am, just as its getting light, after riding all night, next to a bloke old enough to be yer dad on his 1947 AJS! (especially when you find out in the results he cleaned more sections that you and was only 2 seconds slower on the special test!)
I phoned the Ramblers today, but the bloke on the phone just went on and on....