Wyegate 08

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Wyegate 08

Post by fallenmikethebike » 01 Apr 2008, 21:08

So were back from the mud fest/ pushathon that is probably the best way of describing this years event, don,t get me wrong for all the weather slung at us it was still a great event that i would gladly enter again.I do genuinely feel for event organisers who in this case spend a whole year planning an event to see the weather gods do the utmost to spoil it .
Un fortunately my own riding performance on both days was utter cr@p,wheras Cronyx riding in his first big event rode well finishing both days, and registering several cleans on both days .
I think it would be fair to say that a CRM would not have been most peoples first choice of bike on the Sat given the stair rod like rain falling ALL fecking Day .
However i am pleased to say both bikes finished without mishaps and with virtually no fettling over 2 days other than me bending the cr@p out of my new gear changer --again-- why is always the bl@@dy gear changer with me :?:
One oil and filter change and the usual service items attended to and she is good to go again.

The sections i really struggled on were the technical climbs , where a good dose of low down grunt was required, most of these sections had little to no run up and [ i ] was unable to get the bike to drive from standing , it wanting to just break traction and spin .
It did excel at the hill climb that offered a bit more of a run up [ 5yds ] and easily scaled this section for a rare clean.

Where does that leave me, well it has become abundantly clear that to really get on in this type of event a different bike is needed, such as the PAMPERA or Beta alp .Of course a better rider than me would coax a lot more out of the AR than i ever could ,but being a relatively late comer to the discipline of LDT i am always going to struggle and the wrong side of 50 is an additional handicap to acquiring new talent, [old dogs and tricks ect].
As the jack of all trades the CRM still cant be beaten but as a dedicated event bike its going to struggle, well in my hands at least.
Now where,s that bl@@dy catalogue for fly wheel weights :?:
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:
Re: Wyegate 08

Post by slider » 02 Apr 2008, 07:42

gutted it didn't go to plan for you mike but looks like a mint event from the various pics i've seen kicking about.i'm surprised you struggle for traction though,imo thats what the crm does well.anyhow didnt end up working so consoled myself with a hard run in the peaks saturday and me and mr mickstoy went to enduroland on sunday 8)

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 02 Apr 2008, 17:35

slider wrote:gutted it didn't go to plan for you mike but looks like a mint event from the various pics i've seen kicking about.i'm surprised you struggle for traction though,imo thats what the crm does well.anyhow didnt end up working so consoled myself with a hard run in the peaks saturday and me and mr mickstoy went to enduroland on sunday 8)
Twonk at the bars then is the general consensus :?:
Well glad you had a good weekend outing, i havn;t forgotten the kind offer of a trip out with the Peak Posse ,and after the next few events . a 3 stage trial + TRF weekender + Swindonian LDT the schedule drops of a bit.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 02 Apr 2008, 19:56

Shame you didnt have a good one Mike, but if it's any consolation, from what i'v been reading, you were'nt the only one who had a tough time. As you rightly say, the mighty CRM is a great all round bike, that connot excel in one single disciplin, but cope's very well at all disciplin's, espiecially in todays climate with much more modern machinery. As long as i have fun and enjoy on my bike, i'm happy :D
And well done to all that competed 8) :D The course sounds like a right bastid :twisted:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 02 Apr 2008, 21:03

[quote="Gwyn"]Shame you didnt have a good one Mike, but if it's any consolation, from what i'v been reading, you were'nt the only one who had a tough time. As you rightly say, the mighty CRM is a great all round bike, that connot excel in one single disciplin, but cope's very well at all disciplin's, espiecially in todays climate with much more modern machinery. As long as i have fun and enjoy on my bike, i'm happy :D
And well done to all that competed 8) :D The course sounds like a right bastid :twisted:[/quote

Thanks Gwyn, yeh sat was a toughy , Sun was glorious but i was a plonker, only having dinky little legs i wonder the answer for me might lie in the following product.

http://www.performance-design.net/perfo ... ension.htm

Anyone ever fitted these to a CRM ? is it possible? being able to get both feet down and gain some useful footing would be a luxury.

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:

Post by slider » 03 Apr 2008, 09:51

[quote="fallenmikethebike]
Twonk at the bars then is the general consensus :?: [/quote]

:o hell no mike,your probably far more talented and experienced than me fella

re peaks run,if your still up for it,give me plenty of notice as i'll need to sort available shift patterns and we will drag that bloody gwyn and anyone else that fancies it up aswell for the craic cause apparently theres a few loose pebbles in wales that they call rocky trails :wink:

i'll get me coat :lol:

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 03 Apr 2008, 17:41

knackeredMk1 wrote:They advertise these on Rinkya all the time
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /e79559045
From what I can see they are 40mm longer than original. Should be very easy to make?
Thanks NKMK1
Hmmm we have a company on our estate who have a water jet cutter.

they make amongst other things mountings for air bus engines, so two arms cut out of some titanium 6mm sheet @ + 40mm on the originals should be a good starting point .If not titanium , what do you reckon an alloy of some sort or mild steel?

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 03 Apr 2008, 17:49

slider wrote:[

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 03 Apr 2008, 17:58

slider wrote:[

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 03 Apr 2008, 18:00

Houston i think we have a problem.

NaBz
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NaBz » 03 Apr 2008, 18:01

what do they do proberly a noob qaustion here :oops:
if you aint coming off you aint riding hard enough!

NaBz
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NaBz » 03 Apr 2008, 18:09

oh woops i just "actualy!" read the thread i figured it out my self :oops:
so you can make the bike lower and higher with dif links
shorter=higher?
longer=lower?

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 03 Apr 2008, 18:27

Nabz - You got it :D

NaBz
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NaBz » 03 Apr 2008, 18:28

yaaaaaaay! i knew i could do it some day !
8)

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 03 Apr 2008, 18:34

Slider, mud they have in Wales, oceans of it.The only rocks we saw were around the necks of some hippy/druid like characters, ex competitors who got stuck in the mud and went ferule :lol: .