Swindonian LDT

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Swindonian LDT

Post by fallenmikethebike » 10 May 2008, 16:24

Anyone else off the Forum in this event tomorrow, i saw a couple of other CRMs on the entry list.
My riding nb is 68.
Its just got to be better than last years weather.
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Swindonian LDT

Post by Gwyn » 10 May 2008, 17:35

fallenmikethebike wrote:Anyone else off the Forum in this event tomorrow, i saw a couple of other CRMs on the entry list.
My riding nb is 68.
Its just got to be better than last years weather.
I'm not doing it, but the weather is looking great Mike :D Have a good one 8) :)
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 12 May 2008, 18:41

:D Another great event put on by the SWINDON M.C.C. that was huge fun to compete in.
I met Safie d on the way round and complemented him on his choice of bike, a very tidy A/R and we had a chance to examine each others bikes more closely , and specifically the undersides as we both went tits up on the same section :oops: , which was for me the start of the rot, and it all fell away to fek from there on in till the special test , on which i managed to set a reasonable time.
We lost Saf somewhere on the way round ,so i,me not sure how he finished, but the last time i saw him he was enjoying himself, as were the crew of the TBM Forum, who were competing in their first LDT ,but i,me fairly sure not their last.
They new the local lanes extremely well , which was useful on a few occasions as the navigator went wrong again,ME :oops:.
Good course ,super weather , sections, just a little tight on turning circles, but having said that ,if your serious about LDTs the CRM would not have been your bike of choice, and at the end of the day they have to take points to sort out a winner, and to lose it on a special test is like a penalty shoot out, yes you get a winner, but not of the game you started in.

SaffieD
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by SaffieD » 16 May 2008, 09:24

Hello Mike - good to meet you bud - nice bike :wink: I ended up hooking up with 3 chaps from Glastonbury and riding with them. Some of those stages were a learning experience for sure..... :lol: I managed to get through some clean and enjoyed the last one - set a time of 22,76 sec. Results are in the post - I was at the club last night speaking to Keith and Gary who run the event. Keith won it but there were 5 people who got round the whole thing clean!!! Didn't drop a single point - so as you said - it was down to the last special stage where Keith's KTM525 had the edge on the little Pamperas.

I'm doing the Brechfa enduro in Wales this weekend - should be interesting. But after that I reckon it'll be time get something a bit more appropriate for enduros.

slider
Forum Bore !
Forum Bore !
Reactions:

Post by slider » 16 May 2008, 10:26

glad you guys have been having fun,must get myself on one of these ldt's once i get off my crappy shift pattern

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 16 May 2008, 18:06

SaffieD wrote:Hello Mike - good to meet you bud - nice bike :wink: I ended up hooking up with 3 chaps from Glastonbury and riding with them. Some of those stages were a learning experience for sure..... :lol: I managed to get through some clean and enjoyed the last one - set a time of 22,76 sec. Results are in the post - I was at the club last night speaking to Keith and Gary who run the event. Keith won it but there were 5 people who got round the whole thing clean!!! Didn't drop a single point - so as you said - it was down to the last special stage where Keith's KTM525 had the edge on the little Pamperas.

I'm doing the Brechfa enduro in Wales this weekend - should be interesting. But after that I reckon it'll be time get something a bit more appropriate for enduros.
Hi Derek
glad you enjoyed the event , your first LDT ? it seems the special must have suited the CRMs ,which is only fair as the sections didn,t :lol: ,still great fun.
Its a shame that BIG H never brought to the market the bike the A/R was supposed to be ,ie the full 400cc rip snorting Pari/ Daker jobby. Now that would have been the ultimate go anywhere do any thing bike , MMMmmmm 400cc p/valve 2 smoke .
It was reputed to be very frugal fuel wise for a big stroker.
:idea: Why don,t you try a Three stage Trial as an introduction to Enduros ,its like half a trial and half an Enduro usually held on private Army land , there a good fun event.
regards Mike

SaffieD
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by SaffieD » 22 May 2008, 17:04

I'll have to have a look into that Mike - sounds interesting - those enduro's are hard work!!! Damn I'm going to have to get a lot fitter...... :oops:

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 22 May 2008, 17:12

SaffieD wrote:I'll have to have a look into that Mike - sounds interesting - those enduro's are hard work!!! Damn I'm going to have to get a lot fitter...... :oops:
Or older and say Feck it :lol: .