LDT.

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
LDT.

Post by fallenmikethebike » 05 Jul 2008, 07:42

:D It's Caerphilly's L.D.T. a week tomorrow 13 JULY anyone else entered for this event .
This will be my 4th time at this event , and although post NERC it has changed , it is still a cracking good event .
Plenty of off road , with lots of forestry tracks .
I have just finished giving the A/R a top end overhaul so she should have plenty of grunt for the monster climbs .
As an aside ,has anyone else struggled to relocate the piston in the barrel on a rebuild ?The problem i was having was that p@xy spreader ring behind the lower ring kept moving and covering up the ring locater peg , this meant that the ring couldn't close enough to enter the barrel :twisted: .Having retrieved the barrel from the end of the garden a few times , :lol: i tried some lateral thinking :idea: put piston in barrel first on the bench , then locate the pin and clip .O/K it's a somewhat harder method , but at least i know the rings are located properly .
Anyway she's up and running , so i will give her some 10 min gentle run ups to work harden the surfaces to each other again .
As NKMK1 suggested , the p/valve was quite gummed up , and although it was moving through it,s stroke o/k 'having degummed it there is a considerable difference in the effort required to now turn the valve , so hopefully this has cured the intermittent fault i have been experiencing.
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: LDT.

Post by fallenmikethebike » 14 Jul 2008, 21:38

:D So the weather had improved a great deal since last year , and the sun shone virtually all day , which really put the icing on the cake ,event wise .
I actually got to see some of the fantastic scenery, and after nearly crashing what little brains i have left out , Colin [ktm200] and i stopped to take in the views on offer .
The bike pratted about in the start area and fouled a plug :twisted: but once started ran o/k the rest of the day ,other than a low RPM pulsing that i am gradually adjusting out ,through a combination of tickover and pilot jet adjustments .
I am now fairly certain that the reason i have been struggling for traction on up hill climbs and short run up sections is the incredible torque the A/Rs develop and running a trials tyre on the rear By dint of accident , i ended up dragging the back brake on a uphill section ,[ well you wuoldn't normally brake going uphill slowly would you ] and to my surprise the bike just lugged it's way up the hill with none of the usual wheel spinning , :idea: ahhh must remember that and try it again , and sure enough , it works every time .
That , riding wise was the highlight of the weekend and a respectable darts score :oops: was knocked up '[70] for the event
however ' we did have a great weekend 'and it was good practice for next weekends foray into the garden of edens event
[The Timber Woods ] LDT next weekend . I may not be improving , and its not for want of trying , but it,s great fun trying :D
And as i have said before the A/R is a fantastic trail bike , but an LD Trialer it ain,t .
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: LDT.

Post by Gwyn » 15 Jul 2008, 08:39

Nice one Mike 8) :) As long as you enjoy yourself and have fun, thats all that matters Mike 8) 8) :D
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2