Ryedale 2009

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
Ryedale 2009

Post by Mudfacetony » 23 Apr 2009, 06:36

Anyone doing this?

Three of us on CRM's so far (Me and two mates). I've also had a pm about it so at least 4 CRM's

Trail class win No2?

Davey Munroe
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Ryedale 2009

Post by Davey Munroe » 02 May 2009, 08:34

what's the date for this one?

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 03 May 2009, 15:21

4th and 5th July. It fills up quick so best get your entry in

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 15 Jul 2009, 13:50

I have to say that is the most enjoyable two days of offroad biking i have come across, to anyone hovering on whether to go in next time dont hover, 185 miles on Sat and 85 miles on Sun, flew by and i carnt wait until next year.

Was really enjoying myself until i dropped her on the 2nd timed section on the second day , and struggled to get her started wasted loads of time !!!¬.

It was the perfect mix of competitive riding if you want it and then just a measured ride around if thats what you prefer, 90% of all the time is just measured trail riding at a reasonable pace, then the remaining 10% is thrash it if you want and you are timed through with 30 sec intervals for a few miles.

Nice to meet Mudface tony although his mates tell me he was "tangoed" on day one, and had a big off, so good luck to him if that was the case, and see you all again next year.

Cheers Rob Smith ( no 57 )

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 29 Jul 2009, 06:23

I hit a fallen rider when the idiot in front of me in the last special test of the first day decided to slow up and see how the guy was standing with his bike on the side of the fire road. I managed to miss the T**t that slowed and instead hit the guy by the side of the track. I'd almost put the bike down but was still doing at least 30 or 40 mph. His bike (some orange KTM) ended up about 6 feet further back and the other rider thought he had broken his leg (just badly knocked about I was told later).

I've dome the ligerments in my knee, the bike is a bit of a mess - bent disc, broken caliper, head stock bearings gone, fork seals gone, one fork leg has a slight dink in it but OK. £150 of bits and repairs and it should be sorted for the next rally in August down in Wales, otherwise its get the MK3 out. Morale of the storey, make sure the riders in front of you are almost as fast an as competitive.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Aug 2009, 07:00

Mudfacetony wrote:I hit a fallen rider when the idiot in front of me in the last special test of the first day decided to slow up and see how the guy was standing with his bike on the side of the fire road. I managed to miss the T**t that slowed and instead hit the guy by the side of the track. I'd almost put the bike down but was still doing at least 30 or 40 mph. His bike (some orange KTM) ended up about 6 feet further back and the other rider thought he had broken his leg (just badly knocked about I was told later).

I've dome the ligerments in my knee, the bike is a bit of a mess - bent disc, broken caliper, head stock bearings gone, fork seals gone, one fork leg has a slight dink in it but OK. £150 of bits and repairs and it should be sorted for the next rally in August down in Wales, otherwise its get the MK3 out. Morale of the storey, make sure the riders in front of you are almost as fast an as competitive.
Ooohhh nasty Tony :cry: . Hope your on the mend mate 8-)
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 09 Aug 2009, 06:59

My knee is still a bit sore but it can't be that bad as I did day one of the Kielder enduro on my KTM. Should be OK for the Becons rally later this month but the MK3 will be out.

The Mk2 is dead - bent frame so the good bits off it are going into the Mk2.2 to make one good one. I'll then flog off the spare bits