Ryedale Rally

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
Ryedale Rally

Post by Mudfacetony » 21 Jun 2010, 22:06

Anyone doing the Ryedale rally?
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Ryedale Rally

Post by sdmc » 22 Jun 2010, 17:56

Hi Tony, Yeah there are a couple of us from Scarborough in for it, same as last year, both on the CRMs ( one Mk 3 & me on the AR ).

Looking forward to it its been really dry down here though, which is a shame as i like a bit of mud , but i should be carefull what i ask for, was going to enter the vintage side on my PE 250, but , there is another vinduro up in Northumberland in September which will give the PE a good run out ( Hottrod or something ?) bikes must be 25 yrs or older to be eligible.

C U there and hopefully no t boning this year !?.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 24 Jun 2010, 06:47

sdmc wrote:Hi Tony, Yeah there are a couple of us from Scarborough in for it, same as last year, both on the CRMs ( one Mk 3 & me on the AR ).

Looking forward to it its been really dry down here though, which is a shame as i like a bit of mud , but i should be carefull what i ask for, was going to enter the vintage side on my PE 250, but , there is another vinduro up in Northumberland in September which will give the PE a good run out ( Hottrod or something ?) bikes must be 25 yrs or older to be eligible.

I'm riding a Mk2 again this year (engine and suspension from the one I bent the frame on and the rest from my first CRM) with added DEP and a couple of other goodies to make it faster. Hopefully it will end the event in one piece. I also fancy the vintage event in Sept but need to find a bike first. I may even sell my AR to fund it.

See you next weekend
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 24 Jun 2010, 07:58

Have fun :D . Hoping to get to the Hafren later in the year :) .

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 27 Jun 2010, 12:36

sdmc wrote:Hi Tony, Yeah there are a couple of us from Scarborough in for it, same as last year, both on the CRMs ( one Mk 3 & me on the AR ).

Rider numbers are out and I have two CRM's on the same start time and one a minute later, I presume this is you and your mates?
Team Mudface

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 28 Jun 2010, 14:44

Yep, the two on the same time as you are me Rob Smith and Rog Symonds, the other guy i dont know , but we'l meet him anyway.

Let me know if you are struggling with anything on the day as between Rog & I we have a few spares, wheels/ plugs/etc, and garage space if any work needs adjusting, its a pain when you are camping and need some bits doing.

Hope you get a PE or something for Sept,. again i have tons of spares for the PE 250, frame/forks/seat/plastics went out riding with one of your TRF mates from Sandsend the other week , he took us all over the place,(down to kirbymoorside etc ) i carnt remember the names, but , carnt believe how well they do considering they are both over 60's and retired.

C u at the weekend, and best of luck.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 28 Jun 2010, 21:16

sdmc wrote:Yep, the two on the same time as you are me Rob Smith and Rog Symonds, the other guy i dont know , but we'l meet him anyway.

Let me know if you are struggling with anything on the day as between Rog & I we have a few spares, wheels/ plugs/etc, and garage space if any work needs adjusting, its a pain when you are camping and need some bits doing.

Hope you get a PE or something for Sept,. again i have tons of spares for the PE 250, frame/forks/seat/plastics went out riding with one of your TRF mates from Sandsend the other week , he took us all over the place,(down to kirbymoorside etc ) i carnt remember the names, but , carnt believe how well they do considering they are both over 60's and retired.

C u at the weekend, and best of luck.
Thanks for that.

I will have spare wheels and afew spares as well ( on the premis if I take bits I wont need them) but useful to know there is a garage to do bits. Presume you will be travelling on the day if you are local. Me and 4 mates (2 from Ipswich area - one on a CRM) and two others from up in the north east are staying at a camp site south of Pickering (hot showersand a pub close by!). The weather looks good so the only downside will be the dust.

If you don't mind, I will let you and your mate go fist in the special tsts as long as you let me through if I catch you up :) ;)
Team Mudface

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 29 Jun 2010, 09:28

Do you want me to put a target on my back , or just trail a scent for you to chase, probably see you briefly about 3 mins into the specials then !!!lol

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 29 Jun 2010, 12:36

sdmc wrote:Do you want me to put a target on my back , or just trail a scent for you to chase, probably see you briefly about 3 mins into the specials then !!!lol
You could put some of that strawberry scented oil in your bike and splash a bit behind your ears :D

Don't put a target on, some might think you are riding a Vespa
Team Mudface

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 04 Jul 2010, 19:44

looks like there were six CRM's entered so the CRM contingent at rallies is getting smaller, but the good news is I think they all finished. Apart from the hoard of KTM exc models, the CRM was reasonalby represented.

A cracking two days and the Mk2 was flying. I got a chance to show some KTM EXC riders how to ride o the last lap when I caught a few up.

Results should be out by Friday (YEC are not know for being quick) so fingeers crossed. Well, at least I finished this year and did not wreck a bike
Team Mudface

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 05 Jul 2010, 19:02

You looked well chilled outat the finish, we thouhjt you'd got home early, either in a bad way or better still in a good positive way !!.

Looks as though you had the "bit between yer teeth" although that other guy on another CRM ( Bolton area) was motoring pretty well on the special sections on day two, he passed me on the special second time around, although i got stuck behind some geezer on an old Yam just out of the trees and by the time i got past him he had skinned the pair of us.

Great day though everything is bloody dusty, talk about asbestosis my lungs feel like paper ( good excuse for a drink though ).

You spoke of going to the Northumbrian Vinduro on a 25yr old plus bike, i noticed there is also another rally event two weeks earlier where the CRM will be eligible if you dont want to part with cash or carnt get something 25yr old & good, do you know anything else about this one ?.

Cheers and good luck with the results. you'l win it i'm sure, if you spent a month doing up the Mk 2, you deserve to win it on effort alone .

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 05 Jul 2010, 19:57

sdmc wrote:You looked well chilled outat the finish, we thouhjt you'd got home early, either in a bad way or better still in a good positive way !!.

Looks as though you had the "bit between yer teeth" although that other guy on another CRM ( Bolton area) was motoring pretty well on the special sections on day two, he passed me on the special second time around, although i got stuck behind some geezer on an old Yam just out of the trees and by the time i got past him he had skinned the pair of us.

Great day though everything is bloody dusty, talk about asbestosis my lungs feel like paper ( good excuse for a drink though ).

You spoke of going to the Northumbrian Vinduro on a 25yr old plus bike, i noticed there is also another rally event two weeks earlier where the CRM will be eligible if you dont want to part with cash or carnt get something 25yr old & good, do you know anything else about this one ?.

Cheers and good luck with the results. you'l win it i'm sure, if you spent a month doing up the Mk 2, you deserve to win it on effort alone .

The event in 2 weeks is organised by dirtbike action (already got my entry in). I think the vinduro stuff will have to wait another year unleass I get my finger out
Team Mudface

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 12 Jul 2010, 21:12

2 videos of rally -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekY5j7SUt1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bB0wijbZXI

I think I can see some CRMs but not really sure :? . What numbers where you guys using :?: .

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 13 Jul 2010, 21:40

40 (sdmc), 41 (me) 42, 43 (Sdmc's mate roger), 90 (my mate Neil).

Results wise, the trail class crm's were first and third, with a crm 13th overall when combining all classes, proving the crm can still cut the mustard
Team Mudface