Ryedale Rally

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Ryedale Rally

Post by sdmc » 10 Jul 2011, 21:55

Bloody hell you got back home quick !!, Credit where due today it takes some bottle to just laze back and open the throttle ( if you can see where the bloody hell your going !!), that was hard work this weekend , and i am sure you will win your class with ease ( thats the Persil class for the cleanest kit on day two lol ).

Its even more enbarrassing when you say you are just running the new piston in as well !!( or it was a new piston !!).

The CRM's are the perfect choice as they all finished this hard work without a whimper, i think thier was 4 crm's, Tony will win it, two others ( mine (AR) and me mate will have finished nicely ( although i gather me mate took a breather in the middle of a special section , ( or maybe he went fishing the water holes were so bloody deep )and the other one dnf because the bike the bike was made of metal and his leg softer squassier skin ( no contest ).

Great bikes and totally fit for purpose with a bit to spare.

Cheers Rob Smith

rich1960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK2

Post by rich1960 » 10 Jul 2011, 21:56

Unfortunatley I didn't make it, had to go to the Ridewell event in Yarm first to help out Teeside TRF/Leo and then planned to ride over to Cropton, but didn't leave Yarm until gone 1pm so thought I'd probably missed most of it.

A mate of mine was on a 690R, would have been bloody brilliant to see you flying past him.

YEC usually have a video and photo's up within a couple of days, I'll post the link when I know it.

How did you get on?

Rich

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 16 Jul 2011, 07:55

The results are out http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/calendar.php
The dissapointing thing is that in the listing, the trail bikes have usually been listed after the rally bikes. This year we are way down the list but with the sportsbike class massive in comparison, I suppose it is a sign of the times, with 25 entries and only 12 finishers in the class.

6 CRM's entered, 5 started, 3 finished.

Well done to Rob Smith, 9th trail bike, and Roger Symonds, 12th trail bike, it was good to see you both again.

The rebuild and new piston on the Mk3 was well worth it, the bike was running great. There is still a bit of a flat spot but it showed its tops speed when on the way back to the start after the day 2 special I raced a 525 KTM and a 250 WR Yam and out dragged the WR on a long long straight gravel track and the KTM did not come past, so well pleased. Now for the trumpet blowing - The result, well I dropped it on the last special of the weekend and broke my clutch lever but still managed 1st trail (and 8th overall).
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 16 Jul 2011, 08:15

Well done :D
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 16 Jul 2011, 08:43

Well done Tony ( again ) When you dropped it in the 2nd day special test, why didnt you push it home and give us all a chance lol.

For anyone looking and considering entering, these CRM's are perfect for this sort of going, Tony rides his awesome , but, even down in 9th Trail class the CRM's are still beating WR450's and manage better times than many of the KTM's, thats including the handicap of a overweight over 50 rider, and to be fair in the Trail class we are the juniors in the cc capacity, in the under 250 class if there was one the CRM's are supreme.

It was hard going this year, with a lot a machines "DNF", the perfect advert for CRM's as they kept going.

Well done once again Tony see you next year if not up at kielder, i will be in the Vinduro event in Sept up in your neck of the woods ( Northumberland ) on a PE though that time, although very soon the 25/30 yr old machine rule might be including the early CRM's, so anyone with an early CRM you can still event on them, get it ready !. Cheers Rob Smith

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 16 Jul 2011, 10:22

Mudfacetony wrote:
rich1960 wrote:Here's last years results http://www.enduro-neec.org.uk/calender/ ... %20v1a.pdf

Look at the Trail class...won by Tony Whitehead AKA Mudfacetony on this very thread, with a few more CRM's thrown in for good measure.

I competed a few years ago, in 2007.

Mudfacetony competes most years and wins most years....unless he crashes and/or hurts himself ;)

I'll be watching the Sunday special test from a safe vantage point and will hopefully be taking a few photos of MFT flying past.

Rich
Hi Rich, did not see you today, did you make it? I was on my mk3 this weekend (pink / purple) and the poser gear. Post rebuild and rebore, it flew. I enen blew off a very fast 525 ktm and a guy on a wr250 who said he could not believe a CRM could blow him off on a straight (90mph on a fire road - fook!)
:OMG Shoe menders to that.
Well done though.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 Jul 2011, 11:15

Well done Tony :BB .

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 16 Jul 2011, 16:54

sdmc wrote:Well done Tony ( again ) When you dropped it in the 2nd day special test, why didnt you push it home and give us all a chance lol.

For anyone looking and considering entering, these CRM's are perfect for this sort of going, Tony rides his awesome , but, even down in 9th Trail class the CRM's are still beating WR450's and manage better times than many of the KTM's, thats including the handicap of a overweight over 50 rider, and to be fair in the Trail class we are the juniors in the cc capacity, in the under 250 class if there was one the CRM's are supreme.

It was hard going this year, with a lot a machines "DNF", the perfect advert for CRM's as they kept going.

Well done once again Tony see you next year if not up at kielder, i will be in the Vinduro event in Sept up in your neck of the woods ( Northumberland ) on a PE though that time, although very soon the 25/30 yr old machine rule might be including the early CRM's, so anyone with an early CRM you can still event on them, get it ready !. Cheers Rob Smith

I'm at the kielder event but riding my Gasser. I want to compare how fast the 300 is compared to the CRM. Craig Bounds, Steve Hague and Calvert Jones are my bench mark - all are VERY fast riders. I suspect the CRM is just as quick (well nearly)
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface