Beacons Rally

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Beacons Rally

Post by SkidMark » 21 Aug 2011, 06:58

superbob wrote:well the suspension is really easy to work on I did the front forks a month or two back and put some lighter fork oil in them its made them really good but the rear suspension cant be done at home. Im still looking at how to get in to racing atm but Im not having much luck I cant find the right people to talk to in my area.
lighter oil in the front forks? most people want to put heavier oil in...?
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 21 Aug 2011, 17:12

they do but I really felt like goin for a lighter grade and its paid off I guess its just the way I like them.

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 21 Aug 2011, 17:15

White power forks to collect :D and the rest of the rolling chassis they are attached to bound to be some useful bits and even better if the back shock is useable 8-)
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 21 Aug 2011, 18:59

good stuff there back off road I have tried to pm you but its just not having it so you might have a load of messages of me but Im up for goin laning not this week but the week after am free.

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 21 Aug 2011, 19:34

im up for it , but it depends on work as i seem to be spending more time in wales than at home lately :(

only advantage is its saved me a days run + fuel to south wales to pick the rolling chassis up

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 21 Aug 2011, 21:25

I like the look of this and its not untill november so Im sure there will be a rally inbetween its just a case of getting there.
http://www.tbec.co.uk/rendlesham-forest-round-10/

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 21 Aug 2011, 21:44

a good venue bob i did a comp safari event there with the range rover ,if it is wet it will be nasty

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 22 Aug 2011, 12:01

cool I am going to get in touch with the guys who run tbec to get some more info and advice and on other news all my documents for the nc 23 have come through the post.

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 22 Aug 2011, 17:11

spoilt for choice now then bob

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 22 Aug 2011, 17:56

I am mate I got the cbr 400 because I am doing my motorcycle instructor course and wanted somthing a bit more road friendly as well as the fact I have always wanted one.

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by back off road » 22 Aug 2011, 18:01

you cant beat a good excuse to get what you want ,the taxman should help out with it if your using it for work,and help with the crm as you need a spare bike just in case :D

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 22 Aug 2011, 20:27

superbob wrote:I like the look of this and its not untill november so Im sure there will be a rally inbetween its just a case of getting there.
http://www.tbec.co.uk/rendlesham-forest-round-10/
TBEC run hare and hounds and are a good starter club. They put me off a few years ago. The ACU rules include the use of blue tape which indicates a hazard like the fule area where pedestrians may be or crossing a right of way. Here you have walking pace only. TBEC went the whole way and made you push your bike, sometines for 100 yards. I think they have stopped this.

Rendalsham is a good venue the course is about 8 miles and you go round and round. Make shure you don't get stung for the £25 (?) membership fee on top of your entry - makes it expensive. Race format is uasully 2hrs in the morning then 2 more hours in the afternoon at most of there events but that was 5 years ago.

Cambrian rally entries now open - http://wtra.co.uk/cambrian.htm
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 22 Aug 2011, 20:29

superbob wrote:well the suspension is really easy to work on I did the front forks a month or two back and put some lighter fork oil in them its made them really good but the rear suspension cant be done at home. Im still looking at how to get in to racing atm but Im not having much luck I cant find the right people to talk to in my area.
PM me if you want a chat about racing and I'll send you my number
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 22 Aug 2011, 20:41

Results out and well a mixed bag.

Sat was wet and the second special test really rutted and gloopy mud so the big bikes did not like it.

200 starters and only one CRM on the Sat. In the first special test (2 per lap) on the second lap (lap one speical tests are not timed) I caught my old rival on his 1200 BMW megga moto (127bhp at the back wheel - megga fast in a straight line, slow in the twisty bits) and eventually got past so 20 seconds up on him. I only went too hot into a corner and ended up in a ditch (fook it hurt), lost 3 minutes compared to my time on the following lap's special. The other speical tests on the Sat went OK. Pending my mate on his 200 EGS KTM being re listed in the trail class I was 2nd (or 3rd) in the trail clsss and only 5 seconds behind the guy in front of me despite the penalty of being stuck in a ditch.

Sunday much better, dry for starters, no mishaps so won the trail class and 9th overall. If I had entered the sports class I would be 5th on the Sun. So much for KTM power!! Ken Brown on a Mk2 was there Sunday (he has CR 250 fork springs and a Hagon rear shock and said its really good handling). Ken got 4th in the trail class.

:cry: There were only 7 finishers in the trail class on Sunday as the Saturday put folk off. 35 mile course great mix of trails, forest going etc. best course of the year in my mind
Team Mudface

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by superbob » 23 Aug 2011, 20:52

That sounds great tony looks like you got some good results in I really have to get into this now. It also seems that the crm is able to not only keep up but beat sum newer bikes out there so hopefully I wont be left in the dust I will pm you soon.