Ryedale

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3
Re: Ryedale

Post by 644andy » 27 Aug 2012, 18:57

Thats a big concern of mine, I've been looking at all sorts of 12v fans but haven't decided finally yet on which way to go, the cheap & chearful computer fan or something made for getting covered in mud & getting jet washed, though i am leaning heavily towards the latter & looking for a proper one. How p****d off would i be t have ridden hard for 3 hours then have to sit and watch the competition ride by while my bike cools down coz the fan failed :o :x :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If i can find the right bit of kit I'l buy it, job done, any recommendations anyone?
Cheers, Andy
Hanging on for grim death in Hampshire

sdmc
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by sdmc » 27 Aug 2012, 19:51

Well Done Tony !!,

Having done the last couple of Ryedale's ( couldnt get in this year though !!) Tony that is brilliant riding, having comfortably finished in the top ten in the class its not easy and believe me Tony rides at full tilt, how you do it fella i dont know the first year you got knocked flying by an idiot, next year broken clutch lever in the special section ( who needs em anyway ) credit where its due mate you ride these crm,s as well as anyone i have seen.
I am maybe too respectful of my AR to follow you too closely, but, for anyone reading , on that sort of terrain a CRM in the right hands are very very competitive.

Cheers and well done Tony, see you in next years Ryedale lets try and fill the top 10 in the trail bike class !.

Cheers Rob Smith

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 10 Feb 2013, 17:20

The entries for the 2013 for sports bike and trail bike classes opens at 7pm this Wednesday (13th Feb). It filled up in less than an hour last time so fingers crossed and I'm hoping for a fast broadband connection.
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 13 Feb 2013, 07:03

I'm going to be on public wifi at that time - DOH :o

So as a precaustion I've entered the Kielder in June :lol: Looks like a good fun event too.

Will have a good go at getting into the Ryedale as well though, good luck with yours Tony and anyone else who's entering.

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 13 Feb 2013, 19:16

Thats another CRM entered :D

I guess i need to fit the van out for kipping in now :?

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 13 Feb 2013, 19:40

644andy wrote:Thats another CRM entered :D

I guess i need to fit the van out for kipping in now :?
and me so two CRM's at least. The question is how far up the field you come. Have you done any endiro's / H&H?
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 13 Feb 2013, 22:25

Hi Tony, I'm more "sportsman" than "racer" for sure but i don't do too badly. Will be working hard on fitness & technique before the events now ;) I'll have a pint that you beat me :D

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 14 Feb 2013, 10:53

Hi Tony, just re-read your post,
I raced enduro's and retired 15 years ago, got the bug to ride offroad again and starting greenlaning on a 525exc 2 years ago, did a couple of enduro's last year and thouroughly enjoyed myself.
I have a passion for Jap bikes of the 80's & 90's so the CRM seemed a logical thing for me.
48 now so no illusions of a "career" off road, just enjoying myself and getting out of my comfort zone a bit will do for me :D

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 14 Feb 2013, 19:17

644andy wrote:Hi Tony, just re-read your post,
I raced enduro's and retired 15 years ago, got the bug to ride offroad again and starting greenlaning on a 525exc 2 years ago, did a couple of enduro's last year and thouroughly enjoyed myself.
I have a passion for Jap bikes of the 80's & 90's so the CRM seemed a logical thing for me.
48 now so no illusions of a "career" off road, just enjoying myself and getting out of my comfort zone a bit will do for me :D
48, your a young pup! I'm 52 now and started trials riding in 2000 then did my first enduro in 2002. At best I'm a clubman in enduros (I tend to ride over 50 class now as two laps is enough - they are tough events up north). If you have done enduros you will do OK in rallys, especially if you are a fast trail rider. You will suprise yourself how well you do with a bit of effort in the special tests. A top 30/35 should be achievable, - and that is overall not the trail class.
Team Mudface

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 14 Feb 2013, 21:40

I'm going to give it my best, always do :D
Just had a ;ittle op so a bit sore but should be up and at 'em by next week, the next target is off to Torotrail in Spain in April for 3 days riding, brilliant fun. Then back and focus on the rally's.
Planning to get out onto Salisbury Plain as often as possible and practice, have a lot to work on and the gravel tracks & trails out there should be great for it, so that'll be fun :D
If anyone's feeling like a trip out that way drop me a line.
Cheers,
Andy

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 29 Jun 2013, 14:31

One week to go to the 2013 Ryedale Rally and the broken hand is looking good. The bike runs OK as well :D
Team Mudface

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 29 Jun 2013, 22:48

If it's as much fun as Kielder it'll be a cracking weekend :D
Travelling up on the Friday, staying at the New Inn, Cropton.
See you there Tony.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 30 Jun 2013, 14:22

644andy wrote:If it's as much fun as Kielder it'll be a cracking weekend :D
This event is 10x better than Kielder. much more off road stuff, tests aligned to our bikes and great scenery. There is more road work but the rest compensates for this
Team Mudface

644andy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by 644andy » 01 Jul 2013, 22:49

Can't wait, just done 70k of running in and all's well, should get some more in this week, i might have to ride steady and finish running the motor in ;)

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Mudfacetony » 02 Jul 2013, 21:58

I'm riding for a finish and some points as the hand is still broken and a bit sore.

I'm camping this year, should be there Friday evening
Team Mudface