hafren

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
hafren

Post by Mudfacetony » 28 Sep 2012, 12:45

Four crm's at the hafren on sunday. good luck everyone
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3 prospec
Re: hafren

Post by purple rooster » 01 Oct 2012, 13:04

Nice to meet on sat afternoon Tony! I ended up having a bad day, came a right cropper on the first timed stage on second lap.(after the little mx track bit you went across the tops of the hills then started dropping back down into the forest) As you know visibility was a real issue due to the weather being , erm, "slightly inclemant" shal we say. i was going great guns though regardless. untill i came across a guy pushing his Ktm across the track on a bend. I was pretty well committed and couldnt avoid a near full speed T bone!! I knocked him and his bike off the track into the bushes and me n my bike did a full end over end cartwheel and landed in a big steaming heap off the bend in a stream. Ouch. my left wrist felt like it was broken at first, and i'd bent both my thumbs back beyond where they should really live! my left shoulder is pretty stiff now too, and ive got a bruise on my thigh thats a funny shade of purple! Well, picked myself up, caught my breath, swore, A LOT!! and made sure the other guy was ok, re arranged the bike, got it running and carried on. I still managed to hussle along pretty well, and thought i'd manage to do the whole thing, but at the end of that lap the bike threw a paddy, wierd things were happening, revs building when i pulled the clutch in, really wooly throttle on whoopy sections, and eventually at the end of the third test on that lap i pulled through the time gate where my mate was sitting waiting, tryed to kill the engine and it just kept revving and revving! hit the kill switch, still revving, turned the key off, still revving!!! PULLED THE HT LEAD OFF, STILLL REVVING!!!! FOOOOOOK! eventually stalled it to stop it! wierd things are afoot indeed! suffice to say that was the end of my race, dejected i nursed it, and myself back to the car, undressed outside in the rain and crawled in and waited for my friend Rog (the klr rider) to get back. Was fun though.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 01 Oct 2012, 13:30

Hi Purple :D .

Sounds like you were running lean at the end there. You need to look into that.

Hope you aren't too battered and bruised ;) .

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by purple rooster » 01 Oct 2012, 14:32

yeh i think so, a very very wet day, and the bike had been on its side in the weeds a couple of times, i think maybe ive picked some muck up into the carb somehow,and blocked a jet, although the carb was off a few weeks ago, and cleaned. Air filter prepped before this outing, also fitted new boyasen reeds. i'll have to have another play about with it. i just hope my forks arent bent, its certainly not as pristine as it was at the beginning of the race, few more dents and scrapes, battle scars.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 03 Oct 2012, 00:50

Tony came 6th in the Trail class, only beaten in the O50s by a KTM 690R (21st overall) :BB . Another CRM finished 11th in the Trail class.

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 03 Oct 2012, 06:29

6th trail but Rob L on the CCM beat me :cry: but 21st overall against 300+ entry :D

What gets me is that I did not ride very fast in the first test as it was very misty yet the next lap (test 4) when the visibility was better, I rode slower (?) when I thought I was much quicker, then again, most folk did go slower 2nd time around. Overall well pleased

Purple Rooster bad luck strikes but you were going OK looking at the test ties you posted. My bike had a sticking throttle on the last test, again, I think it was water ingress
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

purple rooster
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by purple rooster » 04 Oct 2012, 23:10

Hmm I wasnt very happy with any of my times really, seemed to struggle a bit all day. Wasnt really flowing very well and felt a bit awkward on the bike. Not making excuses, i know why, im just really out of practice. dont get the chance to ride as much as i used to. One of my other mates on an xr 250 posted some better times and i know i'm quicker than him, i ride with him whenever i'm out. Oh well, better just try and get out more i guess. Congrats on your result tony! really quick times in pretty trying conditions, Much Respect!!!!!!!!