TBEC - Rendalsham

Going racing ? or trying your hand at enduro's, then let us all know how you got on or whats involved.
Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
TBEC - Rendalsham

Post by Mudfacetony » 13 Dec 2012, 19:11

I went and rode in the recent H&H event run by TBEC at Rendalsham forest in Suffolk. It was a long way and the van used shed loads of fuel but it was a good event. I went with my mate and his brother who live local and rode my Mk2 rather than the Gasser.

I rode the 2hr option rather than the full 3.5 hours as my mate and his bro are not the most confident racers. I have a fan fitted now (90mm) and the bike still overheated once spitting out water and the temperature light came on I think 4 times in total. This was a big improvement on what would happen without the fan. It was the weekend with loads of rain but the event in the main was dry but my rads did get a bit of crap on them.

Pleased with the result as I was 2nd in the 2hr event out of I think 10 or 11 people and if I had done the full event, even with the laps I did I would of ended up no more than half way down the field. My guestimate was circa 35th if I had got 2 more laps in so the CRM held its head up. Not bad for 20 years old (the bike not me).

There was a PE250 Suzuki there and one or other two older bikes there but as you would expect, a sea of orange.
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: TBEC - Rendalsham

Post by fallenmikethebike » 14 Dec 2012, 17:40

:BB Well done Tony. Is it worth popping out the thermostat, just for such events :?:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 14 Dec 2012, 18:06

fallenmikethebike wrote::BB Well done Tony. Is it worth popping out the thermostat, just for such events :?:
Mike
The guy who builds my engines suggested that. Might be worth a go. It means I might sell the Gasser and slim down the stable a bit (Mk1 me thinks for Vinduro events). Got one to sell?
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 14 Dec 2012, 21:00

^^^^ No, sorry mate. They don't come around as often now. Is that a 25 year old or over class? Bike not pilot ;)
My thoughts are that nearly every MK1 would probably require inordinate amounts of money to make it reliable.
Mike

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 14 Dec 2012, 21:17

A Mk1 needs more money to be spent to make it reliable :shock:

A duel to the death Sir. Nothing less for such blasphemy :!: :!: .

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 14 Dec 2012, 22:11

:D Abject grovelling, I am now typing out 100 times,
I must not disrespect MK1's on a public forum.
I must not disrespect MK1's on a public forum. :lol:
Mike