CRM 250 Mk2 stolen

Post details here of any bikes that are stolen, so we can tell if a bike we are buying is stolen.
oldboyoncrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
CRM 250 Mk2 stolen

Post by oldboyoncrm » 09 May 2005, 11:31

My CRM 250Mk2 was stolen from outside my garage in Purbrook (Hampshire) last Friday between 11:00 and 13:00, it's pretty distinctive with All white panels (nos graphics), blue seat and fork bottoms, Police have been informed please report any sightings of white Enduro style bike to them.

Beanie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Beanie » 09 May 2005, 17:27

Gutted for you mate, can you post a picture on here for us to look out for?

oldboyoncrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by oldboyoncrm » 10 May 2005, 09:01

Here's a photo, but I had removed the graphics

Mine also had a DEP nickel finish exhaust fitted

Beanie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Beanie » 10 May 2005, 22:00

Give us here all the details you can mate, everything you can think of? Any distinguishing features?

Also, have a look about any bike shops to see if they've been offered it, keep an eye on Ebay and also in the back of TBM?

Got any gypo's round your way at the moment by any chance?

oldboyoncrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by oldboyoncrm » 11 May 2005, 10:54

Nothing really distincitve apart from the DEP nickel chrome finish pipe and the fact that it had Pirelli MT60 tyres fitted (not very good for off road work)
Reg No is J460 FVG
Frame Num MD241210568

The chain was also totally knackered (rusty) as I was just about to fit a new chain/sprocket set.

shorty
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
stolen bike register

Post by shorty » 11 May 2005, 20:12

hi im not a million miles away from you! thursday night\\fri morning my garage was subjected to its second attempted break in! i also have crm mk 11.seems a little suspicious.

oldboyoncrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by oldboyoncrm » 13 May 2005, 06:29

Well I got the old girl back last (Thur) night, stolen by the local chav contingent (I know who they are),, bloke up the road saw em trying to start it then they decided to dump it in some bushes, he called the cops, meanwhile another local guy saw them as well and came up to my house and we shot down there to find the bike laying in the bushes, chavs had legged it by then, but I got a good description of em, law arrived after all the fun and presented me with my bike back.
First look at the bike revealed that they have removed the indicators, numberplate and rear light lens ??, they have also severed the wiring harness and the handlebar control wires, bloody idiots they had no chance of getting it going !, so it looks like I will be doing a bit of re-wiring over the next few weeks …….

Beanie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Beanie » 16 May 2005, 14:53

Glad you got it back mate, makes my blood boil but let's hope and pray justice is served for once..... :(