honda crm 250 red 1989 dunstable bedfordshire stolen GUTTED

Post details here of any bikes that are stolen, so we can tell if a bike we are buying is stolen.
phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
honda crm 250 red 1989 dunstable bedfordshire stolen GUTTED

Post by phillthecrm250 » 10 May 2010, 11:36

Hi i woke up on the 9/05/2010 and my crm 250 mk1 red ,tatty condition, black hand gaurds ,no stickers, reg f36 evg ,had been stolen,
i really want the bike back ,any condition,and will pay a reward ,no questions asked,
any help info ,would be much appreciated,police have been no help,the bike was locked up in houghton regis,
so quess it would be stripped down and used as a field bike,
but still want it back thanks phill

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: honda crm 250 red 1989 dunstable bedfordshire stolen GUTTED

Post by fallenmikethebike » 10 May 2010, 19:06

:twisted: :twisted: 4rseholes.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 11 May 2010, 14:46

yeah,apariantly the police have found a bike ,and i have to identifi it ,dont no why they couldnt tell me if it was mine or not,also its taken ages for them to ring me to identifi it ,but better than i expected,have to go court if it is mine,

briangoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 j reg 91

Post by briangoo » 11 May 2010, 20:42

if you have to go to court does that mean the plod actually caught some 1

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 12 May 2010, 21:16

well they have phoned me up and said they have my bike and are geting evidence of it,dont no what excacly ,but there building up a case against someone ,they wont tell me who ,but said if he comes round you need to ring us asap,even thought they couldnt tell me who it is lol,so guess i just wont answer teh door to the bloke with a swag bag,and black and white top,
but to be honest i am really shocked they found it ,i never thought i would see the bike again,
i havent actually seen it yet so dont no the condition,
hoping it wont be to bad,but will put another reply when i no ,
im going to try and claim for all damages if possiable,but just glad they found it as my insurance,would be a night mare with excess,and a claim on insurance ect

briangoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by briangoo » 12 May 2010, 23:20

ah yes the authorities have to look after the human rights of the scum bags. it makes me sick. yet if you play on land you shouldn't you will be shot. pass the bucket...

xander
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by xander » 13 May 2010, 08:15

if they have got it back, you'll have to try damn hard to recover any of your costs from the thieving litle s**t. I asked about that when I got mine back. I was trying to see if I could get back some money for the recovery fee, taxi home when it got nicked "emotional trauma" etc. I was just trying to have the robbing barsteward for all he was worth basically. The police said they'd look into it but I havent ever heard anything.

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 13 May 2010, 09:46

hi cheers for the responces,did you manage to get the money back for any damage to the bike?
as i am asuming they have broke the steering lock and the ignition ,so want to claim back for new lock set and forks and the fitting charge? and any other faults with the bike ,ie if he blew it up ect? number plate they would have ripped of maybe the lights,if the grinded of the engine numbers ect claim for all of that ,or for the price of the bike,because god knows what he could have done to it,
we have decided to move because of this.as my car has been broken it to 2-3 times dented and tyres let down,only lived here a year .,so have had enough of this area, cheers for any resonce

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 13 May 2010, 09:51

also briangoo couldnt agree with you more,
they allways seem to get away with it ,and even if he he does get convicted of stealing the bike,small chance i no,he will only get a slap on the rist,
and then he will think he can do it again ,disgusting,
but me the person who pays the mot tax insurance ,license,will be given fines for all sorts of things,sometimes it sucks to be a law abiding citizion,
sorry about the rant

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 15 May 2010, 16:53

right reply to previous post ,police are useless ,wow they found my bike tell me someone in custody,good times ,get a letter through today pay £180 storage fees ,surly not ring police yep u pay ring insurance ,excess £175 u pay ,ring the garage u pay,phoned police again said wha about the person u have in custody ,what person they say ,what the f++k,apparaintly even though i signed a form saying i will take the person to court they havent got any1 and i am lyable for all cost ,cant believe it ,so have to pay the compond yard £210 then for the repairs ,said to the police let me get this right you said u had someone in custody now you havent,ur charging me daily without informing me ,and who very stole it is geting away with it scot free and im being forced to pay ,unfortuantly sir thats correct ,also he told me insurace is a joke,coming from the police,i am totally and unterly gutted ,i havent got the money to pay the storage fees ,but as the police state i will be liable for all legal cost.as i will be taken to court and the fee could easily go into 3 figures ,i have no idea what to do ,and the end of the call,would you like to make a complaint ,DAHM STRAIGHT I DO
ANY HELP ,I GOT LAID OF A WHILE AGO HAVE NO MONEY.MY PARTNERS ABOUT TO DROP AND I DONT NEED THIS OVER MY HEAD,SAID WHAT IF YOU SCRAP THE BIKE ,THEN THE DAILY CHARGES STOP BUT STILL LIABLE FOR THE £210 ,NOT THAT I WOULD EVER WANT TO SCRAP MY CRM I LOVE IT

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

briangoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by briangoo » 15 May 2010, 17:40

i know it won't help but it would make me feel better. i would go to the local paper & fill in the complaint forms to make as much fuss as possible as it wouldn't cost anything but what have you got to lose ???

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 15 May 2010, 17:51

thats what my partner and her family said to do ,only thing is i am so stressted about all this and my car broke down and my partners about to give birth ,stress stress stress,i do want to though,cheers for the responce

sherpatensing
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by sherpatensing » 16 May 2010, 20:39

Sorry to hear that your bike was stolen.
The recovery of a vehicle, (collision or stolen) whether it be a lorry, car or motorcycle has to be paid for. (The police would also get slated if they left the bike where they found it). Recovery operators are not charities. Fully comprehensive insurance should pay the recovery cost and if you have to pay an excess then presumably that is what you agreed, (terms and conditions) when you insured the bike. If you are TPF&T, then that is also the owners choice/risk. Storage charges should only be applicable after the police release the bike and usually you would have 24 hours to arrange collection before incurring any charge.
Once again, I sympathise with you.

phillthecrm250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by phillthecrm250 » 16 May 2010, 22:13

cheers for the messag,and i totally understand there not a charity in anyway,the thing that upsets me is the bike was only 2 roads away from me,so i could have walked down and got the bike as it was found after i reported it stolen,and the police charge between £150-300 there charge then £10 a day storage,also when i phoned to find out the bikes condition ,i was told they couldnt find the bike,and to ring back in 2 days.which i think is very unfair that they charge me more because they cant find my bike in there compound.
the main thing that anoys me is my bike gets stolen,and instead if catching the scum that did it they let him get away scot free and send me a letter saying im geting a bill for someone stealing my bike,and if i dont pay i go to court,like im the crimanal,we are moving as this is the last straw where we live,as the police are useless ,our car has been broken into 3 times police couldnt do anything at all,and £80 a window isnt cheap,i feel totally let down by the police,and think if they did absolutely nothing it would have been 20 times better,they have cost me more than the crimanals.and about the insurance,the police even said its the bigest rip of in the uk,
cheers for the message and i do understand its not the police or the componds fault the bike got stolen,but i cant help thinking they could have done more to catch the people who stole my bike,as im sure if i dont pay the compound fees they will do everything in there power to get the money,even though in no way was it my fault for my bike geting stolen.they could have easily phoned me and i would have collected the bike,only a 1 minute walk away,but they couldnt care less about the innocent peopl ,who are the victims,and now i feel a victum of the police aswell

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 16 May 2010, 23:10

The thieves always win fella. What makes it worse for you is that when the police do find it, you think your problems are over, but then you get loads of hassle just tryin to get the bike back. Hassle you dont need by the sound of it.

We all pay massive amounts of Council Tax which funds the Police, they should pay the recovery costs, or sort it between them and the insurance. Why should victims always be the losers?

An some people can`t afford fully comp insurance, or an insurance policy which has zero excess... sometimes because they`ve shelled out so much in the past because of thievin scum bags. If they catch the thief then he/she should pay all the costs involved, take it outta thier benefits if they claim to have nothin, or go an take somethin of thiers. OOOps, i forgot - they have human rights dont they, unlike us!

Bit of a rant that weren`t it