£500 reward for my stolen mkI CRM

Post details here of any bikes that are stolen, so we can tell if a bike we are buying is stolen.
bob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
£500 reward for my stolen mkI CRM

Post by bob » 23 Mar 2015, 06:18

F183 EVG:

Stolen from integral garage at my house 10 miles south east of York on Sunday morning - neighbour reported hearing a 2t revving hard up the road at 1:30am.

500 quid to anyone that finds it or provides useful information.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: £500 reward for my stolen mkI CRM

Post by fallenmikethebike » 23 Mar 2015, 17:34

Cnuts :( :( .
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

bob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by bob » 23 Mar 2015, 18:54

Yeah. Thief came in the house, managed to find the key in the kitchen cupboard. Me and the kids (7 and 8 y/old) were upstairs. What if one of them came down for a glass of water or something - disturbed them and got stabbed or something. Doesn't bear thinking about. And takes the incident to a far more serious level, in my view. Whether that means the police treat it this way remains to be seen, of course. Regardless, I don't expect to ever see the bike again.

Great crm too - only really ever had one previous owner. Sounded and rode wonderfully. Just spent on chain slider, talon sprox and DID chain, plus new back tyre. 18k km on it. I'd really been enjoying it just recently as well - found a quarry not too far away and was working it a bit harder than on the lanes - and it was thriving on it, I swear.

Really pissed off about this tbh.

Active Rascal
Forum Ghost
Forum Ghost
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR

Post by Active Rascal » 24 Mar 2015, 12:34

Awful news, sorry to hear that Bob!! I do hope you get it back and the buggers get caught!!! :@

bob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by bob » 24 Mar 2015, 13:46

Cheers man. Wouldn't be quite so shite if these bikes were a bit easier to get hold of but of course, being grey and a bit long in the tooth, finding a decent one can take a while. And it might be me being a bit unimaginative, but I can't really think of another bike quite like the crm. Don't wanna go down the 4t route really, tbh. Don't wanna go over to the orange side either. Bloody crm is kind of the only bike for me. Ace tool - half decent road manners, tractable when you want it to be, yet also quick to respond if you need a bit more. And seemingly always having a little bit more to give on top of that. Sad day.

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM AR (4)

Post by helisupp » 24 Mar 2015, 14:28

Bob,

Its amazing what risks the scumbags will take, and when they will do it, doubt Police will be interested, just give you a crime number.

Due to the Police not really being interested unless you have CCTV, I had it installed it 10 years ago, and its amazing how quick some door to door callers disappear when they see the dome camera right at the front door, some do not even ring the bell.

I had a few guys come and collect an exhaust they purchased from me on ebay, when the saw the front door camera they ALL pulled up their hoodies (from Birmingham by the way) and hid their faces.

Most houses have been "knocked on" before burglary occurs, just to case the house out, when they see my cameras I hope they just go elsewhere.

Your key was in a kitchen cupboard well hidden away, what are we supposed to do with car, bike or garage keys, are we supposed to sleep with them.

Lets hope they get your bike back.

bob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by bob » 24 Mar 2015, 15:07

Yeah I hear yer. Might be time to fit a couple of cameras outside. Even "dummy" ones would probably have the desired effect - or at the very least, act as a deterrent for some of the more easily spooked tea leaves.

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by helisupp » 24 Mar 2015, 16:50

For just over £150 at Maplin:

Camera..wireless, with day and night vision
LCD Screen with docking station also wireless and can be zoomed in, up to 4 cameras can be used
Screen can be removed from dock and carried around house as required
Memory card in screen, can be set to record when movement detected

And................using an App on the Iphone or tablet I can look at the camera from anywhere, we use it to look at the dogs in the kitchen when out.

I have used one for over a year and its superb, keep it next to my computer as its nice to se whats going on on my drive.

(This is in addition to my house cameras )

bob
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by bob » 24 Mar 2015, 17:03

Hey thanks for that. Might well have to invest. ; - )

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by twistednuts » 24 Mar 2015, 19:21

Hope you get it back in good condition dude.

Heli - do you have a link to the maplin set up? Is it a kit or do you buy everything seperate?

Its surprising what goes on what you dont see. Parents neighbours have a cam, random strangers wander in their gardens, check for open doors, on cars too - day and night!! Its scary

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by helisupp » 24 Mar 2015, 20:00

It's a kit of one camera and one display, nothing else required. Additional cameras can be purchased and you can alter the display to show 1,2,3 or 4 cameras, very simple.

The camera kit is made by Sentient.

My next door neighbour has a kitchen company and has replaced the complicated cctv system in the showroom with one of these, can be connected to a a tv if required.