SACRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 3xmk2 2xAR
Procircuit manifold leaking

Post by SACRM » 22 Apr 2018, 22:41

Hi guys,

Taken me 4 years to restore my 97 AR, fitted a full Pro Circuit system, but the manifold is leaking. Appears not be seating the exhaust gasket properly.

Anyone had these issues before? If so, how were they resolved?

Regards,

Jules

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Procircuit manifold leaking

Post by Gammakeith » 25 Apr 2018, 09:37

Try loosening all exhaust system bolts then tighten up just the exhaust manifold bolts. At this point you will be able to see if the lower expansion chamber mounting is misaligned. If so, pack it out appropriately then follow on to to the rear mounts. If you do it that way leaks and cracks will hopefully be minimized.

Good luck!

Keith

SACRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: 3xmk2 2xAR

Post by SACRM » 01 May 2018, 20:36

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the reply, apologies for the belated response... was on leave for a few days.

When you say pack it out... are you implying packing the cylinder studs out with washers? It’s a new cylinder, with new exhaust studs, but appears that the manifold is not pulling up squarely and seating the exhaust gasket.

Further, it’s leaking where the chamber slips onto the manifold and is held by the springs...

Regards,
Julien

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Gammakeith » 02 May 2018, 08:30

Hi Julien,

I'm not familiar with that system but what I was suggesting was that you start by getting the manifold tightened up to the barrel (ie leave other bolts off or loose). Then follow the system down to see if everything else will bolt up. I remember a terrible battle many years ago with an aftermarket exhaust system on a Honda 4. Turned out that one of the exhaust pipes had an incorrect bend. Hopefully, not your problem......

Keith