Mk1 Supermoto!

d5aul
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Mk1 Supermoto!

Post by d5aul » 29 Sep 2005, 22:04

Copied & pasted my post from the General section as this section is now more appropriate

Just fitted some Supermoto wheels to my Mk1, they are Excel rims, Talon Hubs, they were previously fitted to a CR500, bought them as a bit of a gamble from Ebay, had to get some spacers made up & source some discs as the fixing holes were different to the CRM (dimaeters were the same) everything now fits as it should, will possibly fit a larger front disc soon!

Chain
The chain was a bit of an issue, I had to get some spacers made to make the wheels fit, it was a case of getting the length of the spacers correct to keep the sprocket in the same place as the original, fortunately the sprocket & disc were at the same distance apart on the new wheel as they are on the CRM wheel.

Speedo
The original speedo drive had no chance of fitting, so I have had to fit a digital speedo, I found a 'KOSO' digital speedo on Ebay which seems to do the job, the Trailtech type will possibly do the job, although you will need to program in the new circumference of the wheel to suit!