Locating the rear caliper

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Locating the rear caliper

Post by Bargos » 04 Mar 2006, 19:30

Guys,

Does the rear brake caliper need relocating when going for the motard conversion, bearing in mind that we I will be going from an 18\" to a 17\" rear wheel...?

Cheers.

B.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

d5aul
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by d5aul » 04 Mar 2006, 20:34

Depends on the wheel you are using & the diameter of the new disc, providing the disc is the same diameter, you will possibly only need to alter the spacers, the wheel diameter should not make any difference.

Before buying my Excel/Talon wheels, I looked at using a set of early CBR600 wheels, I think the rear rim was about 3.5\" and ran a 140 section tyre, but the distance from the centre of the wheel to the disc was much greater than on the CRM, the sprocket was also further out from the centre of the wheel, It turned out the CBR had a wider swingarm than the CRM!

You may not have such a problem with wheels from a 125!

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 05 Mar 2006, 12:02

Thanks,

It looks like im going to have to spend some time stripping the front and back ends down and doing some measuring up. I have a full set of plans, thanks to The Flute and the full use of a lathe and a milling machine if I feel confident enough to do it myself, which i dont.

More later...

B.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex