Supermoto Storyboard

CRM'er
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRM'er » 31 May 2006, 09:02

Got a brembo 4pot off a late model ducati on mine! Works a real treat!! have braided line but standard mastercylinder

simon foster
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by simon foster » 31 May 2006, 12:52

CRM'er wrote:Got a brembo 4pot off a late model ducati on mine! Works a real treat!! have braided line but standard mastercylinder
Had a morning at Rivington Barn Motorcycles sorting out a suitable disk for the bike, I have got an NC30 front disc and a caliper off a Fireblade.

I will have to design a mounting bracket, has anyone ever done this before, and can anyone give me any pointers?

Also what gearing can you suggest for 17inch wheels?

CRM'er can you post up some close ups of your front caliper please?

Simon

CRM'er
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRM'er » 01 Jun 2006, 11:38

I made the bracket out of 10mm alloy, wasnt difficult to make just a matter of taking your time and measuring twice drilling or cutting once! Made it first for crm caliper just added a hole to bracket and made up different spacers to run brembo. I use standard gearing 14-42, is great on open road and just as good round town(running 18\" rear)

[/img]

simon foster
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Update

Post by simon foster » 01 Jun 2006, 13:08

CRM.er Thankyou for the photo of the front end of your bike, I can imagine that thing stops on a Sixpence!

The back wheel is at the engineering shop having its disc face modified, decided on 4mm to start off with, I will see how it lines up with the caliper when I get it back tomorrow, took the front end down to the same place with a design I did last night which was based on a bracket Nigel Kimber(NK Racing) made for me for my RD 350 LC2 as I put fireblade calipers on that.

He is going to programme it into his CAD/Cam computer milling machine and make me one from a solid piece of Aluminium, hopefully it will look quite trick when finished and be very strong.

It should be done in a week so watch this space....

http://193.116.26.75/uploaded/CRM_Motard.jpg

It should have a Nissin caliper in it next week

I will update when I get the back wheel in.

Simon

simon foster
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bling

Post by simon foster » 02 Jun 2006, 19:47

Recieved my first bit of bling for the bike

http://193.116.26.75/uploaded/CRM_Motard_015.jpg

http://193.116.26.75/uploaded/CRM_Motard_016.jpg

Very pleased with it, disappointed that the back wheel was not ready, but I am changing the clutch and the rear shock in my LC tomorrow, wish me luck

Simon

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 07 Jun 2006, 20:01

Hi Simon,

How is mine looking?! Still looks like a CRM Motard but without the road wheels! Im ashamed to admit that all I have done is offered up the rear wheel (just needs a couple of spacers and 'only' a sprocket carrier) and the front wheel which looks like a big piece of work to be made to fit, to be honest.

Im starting to think that it will be easier to cut the hubs out of some old CRM wheels and have road rims laced in. At least that way I can use pretty much the same disks and I know the sprockets will fit.

The other alternative is just to make do with what I have and fit some road type tyres to the standard wheels...

Still thinking about my next step.

Full marks to you though Sir, you really have grabbed hold of it and done a good job, by the looks.

B.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

DuncanS
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by DuncanS » 28 Jun 2006, 15:18

Hi there to those of you that didn't read my hello!!

I just got a crm and want to do a supermoto conversion to it, i have a set of sv 650 wheels that i am going to try to use, will let you all know how it goes!!!

don't even know if they aren't too big at all.

will try to have a look in the next couple of days.

Anyone else used or know of someone who has used sv wheels?

d5aul
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by d5aul » 28 Jun 2006, 18:12

I looked at using some Bandit 600 wheels as I had a Bandit for a little while so I had the ideal opportunity whilst the Bandit was in bits.
I am not sure if the Bandit wheels are the same as the SV although I think I read somewhere that they are, I found that the Bandit swingarm was considerably wider than the CRM, this meant the wheel, spacers & sprocket assembly was too wide, I considered machining the sprocket & disc mounting faces down, but due to the amount of metal that would have had to come off, it was not practical as all the fixing points would have been removed.
In the end I managed to find a set of Talon/Excel wheels on Ebay, I just had to play around with the spacers.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM

Post by abigsupermoto » 20 Oct 2006, 19:47

Hi Simon

Did the conversion ever get finished?? have you any pics of it??

I am quite interested in using cbr 250 wheels myself and wondered if you encountered any other problems.

cheers

abigsupermoto :)

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 21 Oct 2006, 08:19

The biggest problem that I encountered was bone-idleness!

It still isnt done!

B.
Bargos

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM

Post by abigsupermoto » 21 Oct 2006, 10:16

aah that old monster....are you far from completion or have you still a way to go??

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 21 Oct 2006, 15:19

Far from completion? I havent started it!

All I have so far is a pair of wheels..
Bargos