my supermotard project

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
my supermotard project

Post by Slasher » 30 Nov 2006, 00:04

I've just got some cagiva 125 wheels and just like fible said with his, all the rear wheel needs is new bearings a few washers on the sprocket side to adjust the spacing a couple of millimitres and some 1cm spacers on brake disk side. just need to get spacers made up.front wheel only needs some spacers on the disk just a few mm's and some spacers for the wheels.only prob is you need to turn the wheel the other way around because the disk is on the other side.macanicallythis is no prob only thing is the wheels have angled spokes and this means they will lean in opposite directions which personally I like , it gives the bike a more concept bike look.one more thing the front brake disk is a 320 mm which is no prob you can buy a 320mm supermoto brake conversion bracket for £65.after many phone calls I spoke to a tech guy at EBC brakes they also do a conversion kit ,I told him I already had the 320 disk and wanted to buy just the bracket .before I finished speaking he checked his stock told me he had loads in stock ,and what is my address, so I told him, then asked if he wanted my visa number when he replied dont worry I'll send you one for free ,very nice man.it came 2 days later.Im so confident, once the bearings arrive i'm getting the wheels powder coated in crome.I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 30 Nov 2006, 17:41

Slasher, thanks for that - I hope you get further with it than the rest of us...! :oops:
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 02 Dec 2006, 20:12

I think the key is to take your time over wheel selection.you need to pick wheels who's sprocket and disk spacings are the same or closer in because it's far easier to pack out with spacers or washers than having to laithe the wheels down.

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 02 Dec 2006, 20:12

I think the key is to take your time over wheel selection.you need to pick wheels who's sprocket and disk spacings are the same or closer in because it's far easier to pack out with spacers or washers than having to laithe the wheels down.

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 06 Dec 2006, 20:24

wheels are being powder coated as I talk [crome].For people who want their front wheel the same way around as the rear, there is no reason why you can't switch the fork legs around.just orderd a wheel hugging front mudgaurd off an FMX650 the legs are almost the same as a crm.I know others have used mudgaurds off rs 125's and other sports bikes but the fmx has integral fork gaurds as part of the mudgaurd,and looking at my mates the fork space and wheel hubs look identical.a little tinkering should have it on no prob.if anyone has any ideas as to a suitable rear hugger please let me know.unfortunately my{ blue }tyres wont be made untill new year so this probibly wont get done untill then.plnty of time to play with spacers and might be able to use original speedo drive if my nice lathe man can come up with the goods.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 06 Dec 2006, 20:41

Looks as if you are really getting on with it mate. Cant wait to see the finished product. And did you say blue tyres? 8) Cant think of any hugger that would fit :o Keep up the good work.
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM

Post by abigsupermoto » 07 Dec 2006, 16:08

Cool :wink: can't wait to see pics of the finished bike.....did you use the 3 or 5 spoke cagiva wheels?

THE FLUTE
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by THE FLUTE » 07 Dec 2006, 18:11

With the wheel running the other way round will that not affect the loading on the spokes as they are deigned to be structually strong in one direction and not the other :?: :?: Just a thought :o

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 07 Dec 2006, 20:08

yes I did say blue tyres, check out tomahawk tyres ,max sport.my local mechanic agreed the wheel strengh wont be affected by reversing it spokes work as a push as well as a pull.spokes are angled for cosmetics not strength,I think.my wheels have 6 spokes taken from a mito evolution.

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Dec 2006, 08:24

You probably won't have to much weight or stress on the front anyway. :wink: :wink: :lol:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 08 Dec 2006, 09:19

Gwyn wrote:You probably won't have to much weight or stress on the front anyway. :wink: :wink: :lol:
Rolling Stoppie :o

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 08 Dec 2006, 10:13

abigsupermoto wrote:
Gwyn wrote:You probably won't have to much weight or stress on the front anyway. :wink: :wink: :lol:
P.S. DON'T do stoppies :( :wink: :lol:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 10 Dec 2006, 13:23

rolling stoppies when you're 6'5'' means you're a bit top heavy ,I dont want to headbut the car in front ,like Gwyn said I'll just keep the front wheel off the floor.{just to be safe}

Gwyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Gwyn » 10 Dec 2006, 13:35

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mud, Sweat and Fear

91-MK2

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 10 Dec 2006, 16:46

I'm 6ft3 and never had that problem on my XR
:lol:
Last edited by abigsupermoto on 10 Dec 2006, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.