Cagiva Moto wheels

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM
Cagiva Moto wheels

Post by abigsupermoto » 27 Dec 2006, 19:24

after reading in another post about fitting Cagiva 125 wheels I got myself a set off e-bay.

Mine came of an early model 3 spoke Cagiva Mito, now these are not a straightforward fit but with a bit of messing about should be made to fit.
first of the spindle sizes are way out 25mm front and 19mm rear but hopefully this can be sorted by replacing the bearings with 17mm internal diameter ones but with the same external size. I may also need to space the rear disc or sprocket out to line up with the chain and caliper. on the mito the rear disc is 240mm so this will need to be changed for a cagiva planet one which is 220mm, the same as the CRM.

I put the wheels on before for a quick look to see how far out they were so here are a couple of pics.....

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 27 Dec 2006, 19:52

pics

hursty
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by hursty » 28 Dec 2006, 13:20

looks very cheeky pal!

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 29 Dec 2006, 20:43

its gonna look nice but I thought acrm rear disc was also a 240 if im wrong did you say a cagiva planet disc would fit. my mate thinks all models of cagiva wheels fit any other so i think our measurments will be the same.keep me posted. :?: :D

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 04 Jan 2007, 18:34

Slasher wrote:its gonna look nice but I thought acrm rear disc was also a 240 if im wrong did you say a cagiva planet disc would fit. my mate thinks all models of cagiva wheels fit any other so i think our measurments will be the same.keep me posted. :?: :D
Cagiva planet discs don't fit, I found out today when mine arrived....thats the last time I believe anything I read on the net :o same outer diameter as the old one and different fixings both rear discs are 230 mm CRM is 220mm.

So I am either going to have to get the Cagiva Mito caliper bracket machined to fit the crm and buy a Mito caliper... or have someone make me a 220mm disc to fit...or get the Mito disc machined down to 220mm....but that wont leave a lot of braking surface :roll:

I will let you know what happens :wink:

cagiva gezzer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cagiva gezzer » 04 Jan 2007, 19:05

Hi, just registered today and this caught my eye. Own a cagiva 125 Supercity. It's mito parts in a supermoto format.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h294/ ... giva24.jpg

The only differnece between the cagiva 125 wheels is that some of them use thinner / fatter axels and one model of planet use 3 bearings at the rear to carry the cush drive.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 04 Jan 2007, 21:15

What size axles are on your super city??......always liked them they remind me of the old yammie tdr 250

I have already removed the bearings from my wheels and hopefully I will be able to get new ones with 17 mm internals so they fit my axles. :)

BTW Welcome to the site :wink:

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 04 Jan 2007, 21:18

cheers for that gezzer.there is more braking surface on the cagiva I've measured it so if you machine off 5mm it would work no prob.deppends on how neat you want it but under the same idea as a wave disk it doesnt need to be perfect possibly mounting on a power drill and then using an angle grinder could do the job,it's only 5mm?I own a barber shop and am now moving to a new place so my time may be used up.thats why I was hoping for the quick fix will the fmx wheels.if my fmx wheels work I may sell the cagiva's which would be a shame as the chrome powder coat looks great.whichever is the least work wins. :?

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 04 Jan 2007, 21:26

bearings are available for your rear with 17mm centres but you need to laithe up new spacers on the cush drive, if fitted.the front are available also, but only 2mm wider. :D

cagiva gezzer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cagiva gezzer » 05 Jan 2007, 16:39

Not sure what sizes mine are. But if you pop over to THIS Mito forum they'll be able to tell you.

IIRC the 3 spokes use diffenent diameter axels to the 5(7)? spokes.

A SM CRM is what i'm after, but the supercity is fun in it's own under powered way. Good luck.

If you don't want the wheels they'll be someone on the above site that will bite your arm off for them.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 05 Jan 2007, 18:51

Thanks for the tip but I would like to get them fitted as soon as I have the cash to pay engineers for spacers/brackets..etc (crimbo has a way of eating my funds)

as For your supercity ever thought of slotting in a crm motor :lol:
it would certainly be unique as I haven't heard of it being done before :wink:

cagiva gezzer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cagiva gezzer » 05 Jan 2007, 19:43

abigsupermoto wrote:as For your supercity ever thought of slotting in a crm motor :lol:
it would certainly be unique as I haven't heard of it being done before :wink:
The CR250 / 500 is a favourite choice for the Mito, so i assume it wouldn't be too hard.

However, the SC is a nippy bike to start with. Puts out at the wheel 27.5BHP / 14 ft lbs. Reading up the crm spec i'd see anything from 30-40BHP and upto 28 ft lbs assuming i would be able to make a decent pipe.

Keeping my eyes open. . . .

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 05 Jan 2007, 20:42

thanks geezer but what is this cagiva site called.

cagiva gezzer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cagiva gezzer » 05 Jan 2007, 20:49