slashers wheels

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
slashers wheels

Post by Slasher » 08 Jan 2007, 21:00

gutted, fmx rear wheel hub is too wide +front rim cant be repaired.I thought the hub was the same as the crm but it appears they used the crm mould but extended the brake carrier 5mm further out so it would fit but you need to mill off 5mm first( I'm talking about the front wheel).so its going to be cagiva wheels for me then.I also brought the fmx speedo drive it really is the same as crm, I will hope to use this on the cagiva wheel and wont matter if I alter it or brake it whilst trying to fit it.out of interest the speedo is the same on the fmx except no warnig led's (simple refit) with the bonus that it is already calibrated to supermoto wheels.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3 CRM

Post by abigsupermoto » 09 Jan 2007, 09:51

can you get hold of some FMX yokes (presumably the fork stantions are the same diameter) and fit your forks to them ....that way the wheel should fit (need to check the measurement of the stm too tho) :?

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 09 Jan 2007, 19:39

using a tape measure the yolkes are the same as are the legs just the boots on the bottom are different,but the front isnt a prob like I said ten min's on a mill and hey presto the same as acrm .prob is the rear is to wide for swing arm.I still want the cagiva wheels anyway getting some wheel spacers done tomorow and bearings.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 10 Jan 2007, 10:50

shame about your fmx wheels :( I thought they would have been a straight fit too.......at least your bike will stand out more with crome six spokes......all the american supermoto teams are using mag type wheels now too 8)

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 11 Jan 2007, 21:00

spoke to enginer today instead of fitting front wheel in reverse as first thought for 40 quid he can drill the disk mount bolts through to the other side and make a mount bracket,bonus!having prob making final measurements before giving to engineer.if your interested the fmx hub ,rear wheel may fit your xl if its not a drum brake.

abigsupermoto
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by abigsupermoto » 12 Jan 2007, 10:44

Thanks for the offer but I dont have an xl just the CRM and a Gas Gas trails bike..... I am going to have to get mine sorted as soon as I have the cash, same as everyone else this time of year skint :o

Slasher
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Slasher » 12 Jan 2007, 19:06

fible wrote cagiva fitted in only need 10 spacer on disk, but his wheel must have been 4mm too much to the left so I have to laithe the wheel disk side bearing cup back 4mm ,still no prob.